Rutlands Dust Extraction - help please...!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary S

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

Rutlands are doing a special on a dust extraction kit...

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psPro ... gi?promo=8

I'm thinking of buying myself a decent dust extraction unit for Chrimbo, would this kit be a good edition to my (extended) garage workshop so that I could set up dust extraction at various points for mitre saw / p/t / bandsaw etc or is it a bit of an overkill?

Thoughts / opinions very welcome!!

Thanks

Gary

It's probably a good buy as the hoses are £28 each. I'm not sure what the hoods could be used for as they are very shallow depth wise. Dust extraction at source is always a good idea. I have to keep swapping the hose over to different machines and I will eventually put in a full system, but I need to finalize the workshop layout to see what I need.

The hoods aren't of much use and those plastic blast gates can be a bit flimsy.

I'd say, even tho it might be cheap, it's not a suitable deal. I don't think any packaged kit can be of any real value as your circumstances will always be different.

Look into soil pipe. I think this is the way I'm going to go.

Soil pipe is a good idea, BUT have a look at the price of the connectors and waste gates to go back down to 100mm, they have you by the RMO's

the axminster is a much better deal, tho shame they aren't Y connectors

I've just noticed they do them in 100mm . Why is Y a better design Wizer, I was going to add a T piece and insert a blast gate to the other machines I use. They will all sit on the bench so I only need one extension.

Phil

Y Section is better for airflow. You will loose a bit of flow trying to suck around 90 degrees. It will work, of course, the difference is minimal if it's only a small system.

Makes sense Wizer. I've only got a small Charnwood so any help it can get is much appreciated :D . Any ideas where you can get the Y pieces in a 100mm size?

Cheers

Phil

I normally 'Google It' when I can't decipher an acronym myself - I've tried that this time and I'm still none the wiser! :roll: :)

Latest posts

Back