rutlands customer service again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday i received my router cutters. today there is an additional 10% off + free shipping. They tell me that I am entitled to send the cutters back and reorder them, no problem at all. It is within the DSR period but I cannot get a refund of the difference, even though sending out a new order will incur additional cost to them!

The same has just happened to me too, I always seem to end up annoyed whenever I order from them.
Good idea to return and reorder, but who pays for the return of the item?

I think it's time they changed their marketing. These permanent rotating offers don't seem to be doing their reputation much good.

Hope the cutters are OK though,

James

JIJ":1w9qu7lc said:
............ but who pays for the return of the item? ..................
James

"You are responsible for taking reasonable care of the goods while in your possession and for the cost of returning them to us safely. If you require us to arrange collection of the goods, a charge of £15.00 Inc. vat will apply."

i would have to pay for the return, but through parcel2go, it will still be 12 or 13 pounds, so worth the effort.

i know that there are several people on here who wont order from them because of their customer service. i certainly wont order anything at full price. Many items items must have a token few days where they are not on offer, just so that they can claim that the full price is ridiculously high. has anybody ever bought the router cutters at £249 or whatever the "usual" price is, or the router table at £200???

personally, i prefer the places that an order over £50 is free carriage, below that it is a small charge. with axminster, i tend to wait until i need a few bits. it is just annoying when they do the offers, then better it 24 hours later and cant see sense. if it was because they werent selling as quickly as they hoped, so they need to reduce the price a bit more, then fair enough, but they knew well in advance about the next offer in the chain.

Is this really their fault? There will always be people who happen to buy things before an offer starts. What do you want, them to simply stop putting on the offers? You were obviously happy to pay the original price.

it isnt their fault, but it is short sighted on their part for me to have to return them just to re-order them, rather than just refund the difference.

i think that they are good value at the price i paid, but the rules of distance selling allow me to get them at a bit better price- whether that was the way that the DSR regs were designed or not.

You will incur postage charges also remember, they will expect them to be unused and you'll be without the tools you wanted for several more days to save, what £10? Depends on how much you bought if it is at all worth the hassle.

the difference is 18 pounds. it will cost me about a fiver to return them. i wont be without- just return the new set when they arrive.

i hear what you are saying for thirteen quid, but for the sake of printing a label when the new set arive and sending them back i think it is worth the effort. The first set is unused- the only downside is i chucked the packaging.

PeterBassett":3a5y5hwc said:
Is this really their fault? There will always be people who happen to buy things before an offer starts. What do you want, them to simply stop putting on the offers? You were obviously happy to pay the original price.

Fair point Peter, but I had wanted this set a while little while ago and have had to wait until they went on offer, only then to find it trumped by another offer. So, yes, I'd be happier if they just sold at a decent price all the time rather than all these offers.

For me, I bought a smaller set so it's not worthwhile sending it back for a refund, I'd only save a few quid anyway.

James

marcros":1iqzdo7y said:
the difference is 18 pounds. it will cost me about a fiver to return them. i wont be without- just return the new set when they arrive.

i hear what you are saying for thirteen quid, but for the sake of printing a label when the new set arive and sending them back i think it is worth the effort. The first set is unused- the only downside is i chucked the packaging.

Fair enough, it's worth it for £13.

MickCheese":35h5whjf said:
I thought the distance selling regs say the cost of return is the sellers?

Mick

That was my understanding Mick, but I think its a case of buyer beware and it Is assumed that by placing an order the buyer Is deemed to have accepted the Sellers T&cs. I could be wrong though as well. ;-)

thecoder":1ft98fbl said:
MickCheese":1ft98fbl said:
I thought the distance selling regs say the cost of return is the sellers?

Mick

That was my understanding Mick, but I think its a case of buyer beware and it Is assumed that by placing an order the buyer Is deemed to have accepted the Sellers T&cs. I could be wrong though as well. ;-)

unless specified in the T's and C's it is at the sellers expense. unfortunately in this case it is specified. Ebay make up their own rules on this regulation though.

no. any reason whatsoever.

i dont necessarily agree with it, but it is any reason at all, and all the customer has to do is "make the goods available", unless the t's and c's state that it is the customers responsibility to return it.

Back