Rutlands clamp offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rutlands/Dekota Clamps has anyone tried these yet?
I have a number of Bessy clamps but I am fed up with the way they slide and the Dekota looks as though they solve the problem.
The clamps I really want are the JET Speed clamps but these are only available from the US and Axminster tell me they have no intention of bringing these in. These clamps have been reviewed in America to great acclaim

Ian de le Vingne":ovdx9kyj said:
I have a number of Bessy clamps but I am fed up with the way they slide

:shock: :shock: You don't like Besseys?? :shock: :shock:

BTW. Welcome to the forum Ian.

I love my Bessys but the way they slide is less than perfect. Maybe the Dakota is better, certainly the Americans seem to think the Jets are better.

Which Besseys are you talking about, Ian?
My K Bodies slide beautifully but my UniKlamps definitely do not.
As for the Axminsters (you might remember that I sent two back this week) one of them slid so well last night that it squashed my thumb nail. I know my hand should have been out of the way but it wasn't and the clamp head shot down the length of the bar and thumped my digit in a most unfriendly manner!
I think they have got something against me now!!
Oh well.

SF

I have Bessy K clamps, Kli clamps and the cheaper plastic Uniclamps (not too good) as well as a Mitre clamp, so don't get me wrong I love these clamps. BUT, in my experience the K clamps don't slide easily, maybe I'm using them wrongly.

Ian
That is strange becaue the K clamps I have slide really smoothly. That is one of the reasons I like them so much. You need to make sure you are holding the handle away from the bar though. Otherwise they could snag a bit.
Cheers,

SF

Latest posts

Back