Rutlands : BOGOF 50" Clamp Edge Guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you missed the guide clamps from Lidls (like me), you might be interested in this deal at Rutlands.

50" Clamp Edge Guide - £29.95 (Buy one, get one free).

Be warned though, they're quite a bit longer than 50" (1270mm), so not great for bench work, more for sheet work or floor work

I have a pair of those, but unless they have changed the design the fixed clamp head at the top has a pivot on it, which while OK for clamping a set of boards, is absolutely useless as an edge guide because any pressure as you run something along the edge will push it off the line, and there's no way to lock it square.

rafezetter":2asd5e2g said:
I have a pair of those, but unless they have changed the design the fixed clamp head at the top has a pivot on it, which while OK for clamping a set of boards, is absolutely useless as an edge guide because any pressure as you run something along the edge will push it off the line, and there's no way to lock it square.

I hadn't noticed this until you mentioned it. But yes, a bit of pressure causes the far end to move.

I guess I'll just have to secure it with another clamp

Back