Rutlands are offering 12% discount off everything!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf Beharie

Established Member
Reaction score
...The catch is it only applies if you buy something from them this weekend.
I have fancied buying one of those Craftex Blue Tornado 66 x 1/2" shank router cutter sets (Part Number TR303) in a wooden case for sometime now but the £149 asking price was a bit over my budget...However with this brief 12% discount I have just bought the very same set for only £125! :D
Take advantage of it while you can!

Unfortunately it appears everything i would like an extra 12% off is out of stock.

Same here, I ordered two side scrapers 12 months or more ago, but they were out of stock, I got an e mail weeks later to say they were cancelling my order due to no stock. I have checked regularly since then and find they are never in stock. What is the point in advertising tools that they cannot supply ?

Alf Beharie":2yeevj3g said:
...The catch is it only applies if you buy something from them this weekend.
I have fancied buying one of those Craftex Blue Tornado 66 x 1/2" shank router cutter sets (Part Number TR303) in a wooden case for sometime now but the £149 asking price was a bit over my budget...However with this brief 12% discount I have just bought the very same set for only £125! :D
Take advantage of it while you can!

I have been watching a set of these on an auction site

at 147 now with the postage :)

Steve

phil.p":c8bafeni said:
£149 to £125? 12%? Your %s are different to mine. :)
get another 5% first for buying over £100

and save another £5.95 as free postage as well

not bad for a set that started at £260

Steve

jordec66":2g0kzbfg said:
Unfortunately it appears everything i would like an extra 12% off is out of stock.

Same here, I ordered two side scrapers 12 months or more ago, but they were out of stock, I got an e mail weeks later to say they were cancelling my order due to no stock. I have checked regularly since then and find they are never in stock. What is the point in advertising tools that they cannot supply ?

Could not agree more. Their stock position is dreadful, and not only for expensive items !! A dead loss.

The other side of the coin is I ordered with Axminster taking advantage of £1 postage until 7 May....Set of featherboards and 2 x t track. Total cost £25.
The tracks were out of stock so they sent the featherboards first class post,arriving next day by Royal Mail. The same day I get email from them to say the tracks have been sent by DPD and a delivery date of 5 days !!!

All for £1 P&P ?.....There must be some markup as I don't see them selling for a loss.

Congrats to them for service, but business wise it makes no sense.

I just had a look at their prices on Brusso hardware, load all the Rutlands discounts in and they're just a whisker cheaper than Classic Hand Tools everyday price!

I don't think they do any favours price wise.

And stock wise ??????????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Skronk - they price everything to allow for cock ups, they're interested in the final % profit overall - not what it is on individual sales. For every one they lose a little on, they are making a profit on another nine - and their sales have probably increased because of the offer.

Well the router bit set in question was not out of stock, and it arrived yesterday...I'm very happy with it. :)

And me, I bought a router table to go with them as well, my old Trend Craftsman table left a lot to be desired.

Back