Rutlands 36" & 50" clamp grip guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmwatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice these on sale? http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psPromotions.cgi?promo=120

36" guide - £16.95
50" guide - £19.95

I with thinking about getting one or two. I can think of a few things I might use them for (cutting sheet material, guide for router and circular saw etc). Seems quite a good price, also I like the attachments on offer for them too. Just wondered if anyone had these and are they worth going for since they are on sale? Are there better alternatives? Would these flex over a long distance if unsupported at one end?

:)

I have a couple of these and they are very useful, quick to position and stay put once clamped.

They clamp onto the ends of the item being clamped with a single cam-action lever.

The clamping levers are plastic though so not indestructible, this is evident as one of mine arrived broken but was quickly replaced and I've had no problems with them in use.

That's a good price as I paid a lot more than that when I got mine.

They do a resaw kit for the bandsaw but I've given up using it as it doesn't move freely or evenly along the tracks and I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for the info Mick, yeah I did wonder about the strength of the clamp action. I was also thinking of perhaps getting bandsaw fence accessory for it, since the rip fence that came with my wee 9" Jet is not particularly great. I also plan to make a larger table for it.

Latest posts

Back