runners for cabinet top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have a slightly unusual project to make which is basically a built-in chest of 8 drawers in painted MDF with a solid hardwood 30 or 40mm top. The top needs to be able to slide forwards i.e. away from the wall about 150mm revealing a compartment inside behind the upper drawers. I don't know enough about kitchen drawers and slides to know which products to look at - I wondered about a ball-bearing drawer slide mounted underneath and 'inside' the cabinet sides with stops to limit the excursion to 150mm but I wondered if any Hafele experts could point me in a better direction? Is there a more appropriate product? Also - the top needs to be locked in place and only released when required via a catch or mechanism which is not visible from the outside - I was thinking of an elbow catch or similar - any other ideas? Thanks as always.
Cheers Mark

Many thanks Shultzy for the thoughts. Hows your C26+ holding up. Mine is OK - I have still struggled to level the tables having dismantled and then reassembled the whole machine for a house move 18/12 ago. I just cannot believe anything can be so counter intuitive and there are no instruction how to d it even in Italian!
Thanks again and best wishes
Mark

My C26 is still going strong although I had the safety device, which stops the machine if you leave the door open, fail. I managed to source one and it was easy to fit.

Are the tables a long way out?

Latest posts

Back