RT0700C! I just got one of these but…

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkman

Established Member
Reaction score
How does this work? Its a 3/8 adapter of some sort but no instructions on how to use it. I hesitate to 'wing it' cos of the propensity for collets to jam/seize/whatever.
Can any one help?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markuspalarkus/12323358455/ by markuspalarkus

and here’s the 1/4" collet that came with it. This was in the nut already so thats cool, posted an image in case the other thing some how fits onto this.

Untitled by markuspalarkus, on Flickr

Looking forward to giving this a burn later, okay burn perhaps not the best choice of words but you get the gist.

Cheers
Marko

Okay it looks as though the cone just pops quite happily into the nut on its own. It was so different to the 1/4 inch collet that it threw me.
Annoyingly there isn't an 8mm collet supplied so off to Makita I go

You just swap it for the 1/4" collet but use the same nut. Have you got any 3/8 " shank cutters ? If not then you won't ever use it.

I've had one of these routers for a while now, great little router. Saves me using my expensive festool one on site.

A little tip it's better to use both spanners to change cutters rather than one spanner and the locking button.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah I could do with an 8mm collet. They do one but I've not got round to getting one yet. They're only about £4 but the same again for postage.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

chippy1970":b928kj4a said:
I've had one of these routers for a while now, great little router.
A little tip it's better to use both spanners to change cutters rather than one spanner and the locking button.
+1 on both points. Love it to bits.

chippy1970 What-you-said about the spanners, not sure there's much point to the lock stud, they should have spent the budget on supplying an 8mm collar instead!

Well broke it in yesterday. Very good!

One thing I noticed is the thumb lock on the plunge base loosens very easily, I'll take it back to the shop but has anyone noticed this on theirs? If its a design fault I might be wasting my time.

milkman":kwhfpsyz said:
Well broke it in yesterday. Very good!

One thing I noticed is the thumb lock on the plunge base loosens very easily, I'll take it back to the shop but has anyone noticed this on theirs? If its a design fault I might be wasting my time.
I use mine more with the fixed base but I did make a series of mortices using the plunge base and I don't remember having any problems at all.
Just remembered, I made some substantial trenches ( rebates) as well without a problem.

These seem to be a cracking deal for what they are. I must admit, I've been poisoned by the Makita battery issue, so a little reluctant to buy the brand, but this one is tempting me.

What are they like for power?

They are 700 watts and 1/4 shank ( basically ) so will never match up to the Dewalt 625 I have on my table :)
Having said that I have sunk some biggish 3/8 mortices on a bed frame. Trimmed round loads of templates on 1/2 inch ply. Slowed it right down and trimmed pretty big edges off 6mm perspex, which it was brilliant for, lots of stuff. Probably my most used machine in the workshop.

Latest posts

Back