rp4000 jaws fit sc4 chuck?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nrees21

Reaction score
Hi, i am new to woodturning and just acquired a load of jaws from a friends late fathers workshop. they are from a rp4000 chuck and i was wondering if i ordered an sc. chuck would they fit? cheers in advance, Nick

Looks like Toolpost's VersaChuck will suit your needs http://www.toolpost.co.uk/pages/Chucks_ ... chuck.html The site says that it is compatible
Mounting jaws compatible with accessory jaws produced by VicMarc for use with their VM100 and VM90 scroll chucks. (NB: Jaws designed for use with theVM120 and VM140 chucks will NOT fit these mounting jaws.). Note that the Record RP4000 chuck is identical to the VM100, so its jaws will fit these mounting jaws. We understand - though we have not tested - that the same is true of the Charnwood W836 chuck and the Rutlands Dakota XT700.
They sell chuck body and carriers separately, so you can build your chuck to suit your jaws (and add other makers' jaws later if you want to)

On the link to the Fox FX4000 Woodturning Chuck from Poolewood posted by Bigbud78 it states

"All the Jaws and Accessories from the Vicmark VM100, Record RP4000, Rutlands Dakota XT700 Charnwood Viper3 and Charnwood W836 will fit on this Chuck"

& The Toolpost

"4. Mounting jaws compatible with accessory jaws produced by VicMarc for use with their VM100 and VM90 scroll chucks. (NB: Jaws designed for use with theVM120 and VM140 chucks will NOT fit these mounting jaws.). Note that the Record RP4000 chuck is identical to the VM100, so its jaws will fit these mounting jaws. We understand - though we have not tested - that the same is true of the Charnwood W836 chuck and the Rutlands Dakota XT700."

Back