Router Table Questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkie

Reaction score
Hi all. Need to bug you all for more help please.

Have recently bought an Xact Pro Router table. (MDF thing with a phenolic insert). Now my question is regarding the fitting of the insert. Obviously I can see that it needs to be smaller than the aperture into which it fits, but how much smaller?
When I move the plate back and forth or left and right in the table there is probably a gap, (total lateral movement), of about a millimetre in each axis. Doesn’t sound much but that will make any cuts out a little surely and possibly even cause vibration and chatter?
Am I supposed to be able to secure this?

Thanks for your input.

EDITED for rubbish spelling.

a little lateral movement shouldn't cause you any actual manufacturing problems but if it bothers you then just slip a slither of timber in to take up the slack.
The most important part is that it doesn't move vertically or sit proud/shallow of the surrounding table.
You want the timber to slide across the table and insert without catching.

Adam9453":ylsb2t7p said:
a little lateral movement shouldn't cause you any actual manufacturing problems but if it bothers you then just slip a slither of timber in to take up the slack.
The most important part is that it doesn't move vertically or sit proud/shallow of the surrounding table.
You want the timber to slide across the table and insert without catching.
You’re a gentleman Adam. I’ll bear in mind. I was looking closely at that vertical and can see that I need to adjust the grub screws a little. So that’s next on the list. Then to actually fit my new T10!!

Back