Router Table plate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
I had done my research on router plates and came up with the Woodpecker phenolic plate offering most features and value for money including 8 leveling screws that can be adjusted above the table. the plate also had the option for 7 insets and a tool to insert and lock closed the inserts. The plate was 9 1/4" by 11" so I set about screwing and gluing the top together. I ordered the plate 12 to 14 weeks ago . In the meantime I built the rest of the table with the option of two fences and the possibility of adding a Incra fine adjustable fence on the right hand side of the table.

NewRouerTable1.jpg

For the small fence I was going to use my existing Triton fence and extraction system.

RouterTableOld.jpg

I went to collect the plate on Friday from the local Woodpecker agent and discovered it did not fit my Triton router and the holes drilled made it impossible to redrill as they were just off. He admitted he had not ordered a Triton option.
If I use the 9" X 13" from others I know that I put screws in just outside the 11 3/4" of the old plate. I will have to wait at least 3 weeks for a replacement.
What should I do next??
Its taken from Friday until today for me to calm down on this issue.
Barry

Barry Burgess":1e7mkggo said:
Its taken from Friday until today for me to calm down on this issue.
Barry, I'm not surprised. How perfectly infuriating. :evil: I dunno but I s'pose if I'd waited this long I might as well wait the additional three weeks. Then blast the local agent's name on the forum so we can all tut-tut... :wink: Just kidding about that last bit - probably. :whistle: Actually I'd be asking the agent why they weren't making good the order quicker - by fast courier from the US if necessary. Pretty poor show, it appears.

Cheers, Alf

Barry,
I am with Alf on this, if you ordered a plate for the Triton and the agent got the wrong one, then he should be shipping the right on over by express air mail.

I look forward to how this works out as I will, when the tuit becomes available building a table for my Triton.

It's a pity you've already marked out for the ordered plate.
Otherwise you could have cut the top to accept the Triton plate.
I did this on my table saw extension, using the Triton fence as well, that way I can swap the Triton around if needs be to my original Triton table top which I use with a set of folding legs.

Chris.

I considered the Triton plate but rejected it as it does not have and leveling screws and time taken to get the Triton table level.

Back