Router Table Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Trend T11 in a Kreg router table and would like to set up a good dust extraction system above & below the table.

Looking at http://www.keen-products.com/routertables.htm it seemed a solution. However the blue silicone piece requires an approx 85 mm diameter hole in the router base to fit, T11 is only 75 mm approx.

The T11 dust spout is ( I think) 35 mm & the Kreg fence spout is 50 mm ( I think), my concern is that the volume of dust / chips big cutters produce will clog the smaller diameter hoses. I am using a Festool CTL 26 extractor.

Has anybody got a good proven solution to this challenge please?

That Keen product looks very good. Have you contacted them to enquire if there is an answer to your problem. I would have thought that it could be adapted to many types of router table.

Hi Charlie
I am not sure of your setup. Use a T11 and the Trend router bench. I found a Utube demo of Steve Maskery's method which I copied for me its great.
I am not sure if you can open the link, if not enter "Dust Extraction in the Workshop" in a browser there is a whole lot of different Utube tips

Richard

Alexam":3b81p7or said:
That Keen product looks very good. Have you contacted them to enquire if there is an answer to your problem. I would have thought that it could be adapted to many types of router table.

Yes, they say "it will fit most, but not all routers. It won't fit Trend T11"

Richard863":5xhc41cb said:
Hi Charlie
I am not sure of your setup. Use a T11 and the Trend router bench. I found a Utube demo of Steve Maskery's method which I copied for me its great.
I am not sure if you can open the link, if not enter "Dust Extraction in the Workshop" in a browser there is a whole lot of different Utube tips

Richard

Hi Richard, I am not sure if you are recommending replacing my Kreg table with a Trend router table?

I will take a look at u tube as you suggest.

Hi Charlie
Nothing of the sort, sorry if this is was implied. I modified my table based
on the utube pictures of Steves modification, which looked very much like a Kreg.

Either that or another Snr :roll: Oh well
Richard

Charlie,

I think there is a good cheap solution to your under-table extraction problem.

I have a Bench Dogs router table in which the router sits in an enclosed cupboard which has a door on the front and a 4" extraction port in the back. With my ducted workshop extraction system connected to this and the port built into the fence, extraction is very good indeed and it makes a big difference to to noise levels too, which is a significant plus. I'm not suggesting you buy a Bench Dogs table - the cupboard is a bit on the small side and the door lacks a rebate so doesn't seal as well as it might - but it should be pretty straightforward to make ply box to fit under your Trend. If I were starting again I would but a simpler table and do this, but make the door shut onto a jamb sealed with draft excluder and I would line the cupboard with acoustic foam. With a decent ported fence I reckon that would make a near perfect router table.

Jim

Back