Router table build at last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPL over here is what you get on a worktop compact laminate(altho the same composition) it 12mm thick

Deansocial":2qoggs9f said:
regarding cutting phenolic,

It can be cut with a triple chip blade fine and a router with a tct bit.
Tct jigsaw blades are the best think to cut it with if you want to use a jigsaw but very very expensive. Next best would be the lennox bi-metal blades. I always use a router unless cutting straight line then i use the plunge saw.

Why does everyone on here call it phenolic plastic or just phenolic? I've always known it as compact laminate, that what we buy it as and we do loads of toilets in it every year.

Because thats what its called Phenolic plastic do a google on it. I got this stuff from a toilet fitting job we had loads of offcuts. These were off the rear panelling Im sure you will know what Im talking about Dean. We had large beech effect phenolic panels and the grey you see here was used to make the rear frames showing through as dark grey flash gaps.

Deansocial":2n6dafef said:
you mean the duct sets?

Just toilet panelling to me, to be honest I dont really do much of that stuff it was just a one off really I normally do the higher end jobs where we use for example veneered polished wall panels and marble or granite for the fit outs. That was up in Central London on huge office jobs a few years back now when I worked for a big joinery company.

Diagram below shows how "compact laminate" is made notice how it say "Phenolic"

polyrey-compact.jpg

Back