router lifter for the table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicktimber

Established Member
Reaction score
What happened to these????
Used to be lots in Axminster cat, but they seem not to stock them now?
Are they out of fashion or what?
Are they worth the cost?
Are they any good?
Because they can't be selling?

mike

Rutlands sell the Jessem Rout R Lift - a couple of versions at aroung the £200 mark.

I have read about people making their own using scissor jacks for the mechnism, though I doubt that they would have a highly accurate movement.

Misterfish

I've tried a scissor jack and a three ton trolley jack, as I already had one on hand but in the end I bought a Fox router table with handwheel rise and fall adjustment, great machine, does everything I need it too. Try a google search for router lifts.

It just seems that everyone is making a router table but not incorporating a lifter.
I have my table top on hinges so that I can lift it up and set cutter heights.
The table is locked in place with a gate latch!!!!
It works very well.

Mike

I have a decent router table setup with a Triton router, woodpecker plate and an Incra fence system, this is all fantastic apart from lifting or lowering the router with great accuracy, I find that I can lift it in small increments but its difficult to measure and lowering is a bit of a pain, I shall wind it down, there is no movement at first, then all of a sudden it drops by about 2mm, the thing is I only wanted to move it down a few thou.

These router lifts are superb, a friend has just purchased the woodpecker unilift, they are very accurate, 1/32" of movement for each rotation of the handle and 1 thou for each graduation/mark, thats good enough for me and I have sent a letter to Santa.

A little more expensive now at £230.

I have 2 Jessem router table inserts and they are fantastic, bought them both in America which was a lot cheaper than over here.

They come with an allen key with handle and wind up and down very smoothly. with the marks around the slot where you raise it up and down you can be very accurate.

1/4 Revolution 0.016" 1/64"
1/2 Revolution 0.031" 1/32"
1 Revolution 0.062" 1/16"
2 Revolutions 0.125" 1/8"
4 Revolutions 0.250" 1/4"
8 Revolutions 0.500" 1/2"

I use the lift with a 3 1/2 HP Porter Cable 7518 router with the base removed and leave the motor mounted.

You can buy the bare motor with out the base from Eagle America and I think Rockler, as well as the Jessem router lifts.

I also use the Jessem router table top and the Jessem fence all are the best I have ever used, before that I used Wood haven products which again are fantastic but nowhere near as good as Jessem Products.
As with any table insert you can not just rely on the lift marks you still have to set with rule and the Jessem lets you lift and lower with one hand whilst holding rule to set height.

The lifts are a:
Mast-R-Lift Available in 9 - 1/4" x 11 - 3/4" or 8-1/4" x 11-3/4" plate sizes
and the Mast-R Lift FX in the same two sizes

In the Mast-R-Lift I have fitted the Porter cable 7518 motor mounted and the FX lets you put a smaller router motor into it both just lift in and out and are changeable within 10 seconds.

Look at the Jessem site you can down load the manuals for any of their products and you will see how good they are.

I also have the Jessem Table top and the Jessem Fence with the Mast-R-Slide which bolt on top of the fence but flips out of the way when not in use, and the Mite-R-Excel.

I urge you to check out Jessems web site,

www.jessem.com

Go on take a look

Martin, I have the same problem with the Triton router in my table. My solution is to support the router, with your hand, on the opposite side to the fine adjuster. You will find that this will then allow fine adjustments without the "jump".

Shultzy":2z1c1xts said:
Martin, I have the same problem with the Triton router in my table. My solution is to support the router, with your hand, on the opposite side to the fine adjuster. You will find that this will then allow fine adjustments without the "jump".
Thanks Shultzy, I shall give it a go.

Hi Guys,
I had a similar problem, so I bought a T11 Router, it destroyed itself after 14 months of use.

I had an old Hitachi M12V on the shelf, so I bought the Wood Packer Uni lift.
Wow, what a difference, I can adjust the height with ease, at any time, far better than the T11, which took ages to wind the cutter down beneath the table height.

Worth evey penny.

Regards

Graham

Hitachi have an accessory #318304 for fine adjusting their M12V - it works and costs £20
You could also make your own - see Ron Fox's advice
Matt

Back