• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Router lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m after used router lift, please let me know if you’ve got something going.

Thanks,
Siggy

You need to be more specific, do you want one that takes a plunge router or one that requires a router body only like the AUK type. Another option that is the one I currently use is a fixed plate with the big Triton TRA001 router that allows height adjustment from above the table, not as precise or repetative as the Incra / Jessem offerings but works. At the moment WWW have a sale and you can get this for use with existing router JessEm Rout-R-Lift Prestige (Metric) either drilled or undrilled. They also had a Jessem in the sale for a router motor only but now seem to only have this with the motor and not without.

Hi Spectric,
Thanks for you reply.

I currently have two routers one of which is Festool 1400, the other is trim router from Dewalt. The reason why I have not put any other info is because neither of these two will be long term solutions for the table. I'll be getting a second hand router and which - depends on what offers for the router lift.

Hope this makes sense and clarifies it.

Thanks for the shop link, I am currently putting together a small budget workshop that I hope to start making things from, so ideally I would get quality bits second hand and have some savings that way for the other things I hope to put into it.

I can see where you are coming from, there is a lot of info on these forums about router table builds and components, you need to set a firm objective and that will save you money in the long term, cheaper to get it right first time then itterate towards what you really want in stages.

@Siggy have you found anything yet as far as a router & lift combination? I ask because your post is from back in January and no updates. If not sorted then this may be of help to you... or worth considering.

I bought a Bosch 1200 AE router (8mm, 6mm & 1/4" collets) which was on sale at the time and came across this lift unit for it:
https://www.tuneon-design.com/en/fr...or-bosch-pof-1400-ace-1200-ae-oberfraese.html
Fits either the 1200 or 1400 routers as stated in the description. I found it works well when set correctly to align through a hole drilled in the router table insert.

I know the Bosch 1200 router is a plunge type with a lever to unlock to be able to plunge but it is very easily disabled so allowing use in a router table insert unit. This may be a low cost alternative for you... works for me. If you do want to try this then let me know and I'll explain how to disable the plunge lock mechanism.

The 65mm diameter hole of the lift fits round the collet barrel of the router and the long screw/bolt lifts the router up using an Allen key or driver.

@Siggy have you found anything yet as far as a router & lift combination? I ask because your post is from back in January and no updates. If not sorted then this may be of help to you... or worth considering.

I bought a Bosch 1200 AE router (8mm, 6mm & 1/4" collets) which was on sale at the time and came across this lift unit for it:
https://www.tuneon-design.com/en/fr...or-bosch-pof-1400-ace-1200-ae-oberfraese.html
Fits either the 1200 or 1400 routers as stated in the description. I found it works well when set correctly to align through a hole drilled in the router table insert.

I know the Bosch 1200 router is a plunge type with a lever to unlock to be able to plunge but it is very easily disabled so allowing use in a router table insert unit. This may be a low cost alternative for you... works for me. If you do want to try this then let me know and I'll explain how to disable the plunge lock mechanism.

The 65mm diameter hole of the lift fits round the collet barrel of the router and the long screw/bolt lifts the router up using an Allen key or driver.

hey!

thanks for thinking about me and providing with all this info, that’s really appreciated.

as of right now I’ve got my hands on Freud FT2000 with something called router raizer.
Which basically means I just need a normal plate that would accommodate the router. Haven’t made a decision on that yet, but from what I see trend makes one that perhaps will fit it fine with no extra drilling.

Latest posts

Back