router, help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calgach

Established Member
Reaction score
Dia daoibh,

I hope this is the right place to post;
I have an Erbauer router bought second hand, but somehow it has no collet.
Does anyone know where to buy a replacement or if any other make of collet would be compatible? the local tool shops certainly didnt have anything and I couldnt find an exact match online
i dont have it at the minute to check model number but i think its the ERBRT3-240 (its definately 1850W)
Any help Appreciated!

ÁD

Hi

I'd hold off until you can positively identify the router - the collet is the only thing that stops the router bit launching itself at up to 20,000 rpm.

Not worth taking the risk :( :(

Regards Mick

when you confirm the model number, i fear that you are at the start of an unsuccessful mission, unless you can buy a knackered one for spares.

thanks for the replies,

I didnt know that anderson, will giv them a shout tomorrow, thanks!

Hi,

What size bit's are you going to use ?? I have the Erbauer ERB 380rov I'm not 100% sure but think if you have the locking nut on the bottom of the spindle the 1/2" collet should be there. The 1/4" collet fit's inside the 1/2" collet. When I bought mine second hand the 1/4" collet was missing so I just bought 1/2" bits.

As andersonec say's the Erbauer is Screwfix own brand and their after sales dept is not the best as I found out.

All the best

Graham

Grayo, Im trying to use 1/2" bits, they're actually the cabinet door bits and the router is mounted in a diy router table.
When i got it there was certainly no 1/4" collet, but I only noticed recently theres no 1/2" collet either
Anyway i called screwfix and they were no use at all

I cant understand how routers are sold all the time with all sizes of collets, adapters, reducers and extensions but its impossible to source a collet on its own!

well, thanks everyone for your input

Latest posts

Back