Router for a router table?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question; which router should I consider to use with a Record router table? I was thinking about the Triton TRB001 - any thoughts?

Dave

You want something with bit change above the table and a fine height adjust, again which you can do through the table. The Tritons are good but defiantly do suffer a few problems.

Trend T11 , with an extreme extension - allows both above table height adjustment and above table bit change

Its really good, but Wizer has had problems with the rack and pinon stopping working on his, and mine got jammed this week but is ok after a bit of lubricant.

If I was buying another one I'd just a get the £600 festool and be done for life :)

big soft moose":2263mnql said:
Trend T11 , with an extreme extension - allows both above table height adjustment and above table bit change
Same here...no problems thus far - Rob

Dave_G":19na22tl said:
Chems":19na22tl said:
The Tritons are good but defiantly do suffer a few problems.

What are those 'few' problems?

I got a big Triton after reading about it on the forum and am I disappointed with it in the table, it replaced a Freud which is now going back in.
It has a fault on the fine adjuster, it has a shallower collet resulting in large panel raising cutters sticking out too far. The under table dust extractor port is better on the Freud.
Even though it has a higher power rating than the Freud I reckon it has less grunt when panel raising.
Maybe I was unlucky and got a lemon :( No pun intended :)
Jeff.

I like the Triton I do, got it for a great price too.

I guess it depends what your doing, never done any panel raising with it just general straight bits etc and its always been very good.

I have a Hitachi M12 in a table along with a Freud 2000 in another table. I would also agree with the DW 625 as I used to have this in a table too for a while. All good solid routers but as JHB has stated the DW can survive a fall or two mine has many times. :roll:

jhwbigley":2rhpwemk said:
You can drop a Dewalt and it still works...

dont know 'bout the tritons

JHB

Yes dropped mine an a bit came flying off, went back on an it works fine. Was only about 2 weeks old at the time.

Waka":3ch86jii said:
I've got a Porter Cable in the table, fantastic machine, I think only superseded by the Festool. But then what do I know.

I have to agree with Waka, I had two Flex routers (Repainted Porter Cable) on my first CNC Machine.... absolutely brilliant, I used to run them for hours on end.

I think they have a work cycle of 50 minutes in the hour, a Dewalt is 10 minutes in the hour.

Back