Router Bush Clearance Online Calculator

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomorph

Established Member
Reaction score
When I was browsing for metric router bushes I stumbled across this excellent little calculater done by Trend.

You can find the calculator here.

It even works in both Metric and Imperial and converts from one to another. It even wars you when the clearance between a guide bush and cutter are too small to allow proper chip clearance.

You can even save the page for offline use (I saved it as a web archive as iit compacts it into a single file).

Neomorph":28pxuupe said:
When I was browsing for metric router bushes I stumbled across this excellent little calculater done by Trend.

You can find the calculator here.

It even works in both Metric and Imperial and converts from one to another. It even wars you when the clearance between a guide bush and cutter are too small to allow proper chip clearance.

You can even save the page for offline use (I saved it as a web archive as iit compacts it into a single file).

It is a neat tool but you need to remember that it doesn't work for circles DAMHIKT

Roger Sinden":2p0lq0cc said:
This thread explains all !

Ahh... I think I get it now. The whole reason I came across the calculator was when I found the set of brass bushes by Dakota but found they were in Imperial.

Does anyone know of a decent set of metal metric bushes? I've broken two Trend plastic ones already (fumble fingers dropped the router itself with one attached and the other I dropped and trod on).

Neomorph":3p95mdqd said:
Does anyone know of a decent set of metal metric bushes? I've broken two Trend plastic ones already

Hi Neo

Trend also do metric "Precision Steel Guide Bushes" most of which are quite a reasonable price - the even-sized ones are mostly £3.11 or £3.70 from Axminster here - they also do a set of 12 for £20.05 which I'm planning on buying next time I order from them.

Richard

Thanks for that link, cracking little calculator.

Tibbs, I also bought the guide bush set from Axminster. Very good value.

Gary

Of course calculations can be avoided altogether by using bearing guided cutters. :wink:

Nick W":27np0sb8 said:
Of course calculations can be avoided altogether by using bearing guided cutters. :wink:

Problem with those is depth. You have to have a range of them for different depth. Also number and letter templates need a v cutter and I've yet to see a bearing guided v cutter.

Back