Router advice needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anaria

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new here and it would appear that I am one of the neanderthals mentioned in the description of this forum ... :lol:

I have a challenge xtreme plunge router and I am looking for a table for it. Most router tables I see say suitable for a router base of 150mm or less. Now I am not exactly sure how I should be measuring the base. My base, like most I have seen, is circular with two flat sides to it. So do I measure the diameter of the circle or the flat sides.

If I measure the circle I get a dia of 177mm. Can't find anything that will fit my router. Even if I do I am assuming that this will cost the Earth!

your advise would be very much appreciated.

ps sorry I realised after posting that this was prob in the wrong forum ... was appreciate some advice still though! :oops:

Router - not really a hand tool in this context but welcome anyway :)

Most tables are fitted with a removable router mounting plate insert.

I have a Woodpecker one which comes pre-drilled for several makes of Router - they also do a blank plate too.
There's lots of other makes around Trend, Dakota etc.
The important thing is the mounting holes lining up to your router and can you drill others without ruining the plate?
I am not familiar with your router but perhaps you could sketch the hole positions and take it to a supplier and see if their plate fits?

Rod

Back