Rosie !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just some pics from the Chapter Meeting last night, The demonstrator brought down "Rosie" his rose engine attachment for his Jet,

Some of the pics, and resulting pieces !

Enjoy !

Loz

S7002696.jpg

S7002693.jpg

S7002692.jpg

S7002691.jpg

S7002690.jpg

S7002688.jpg

S7002685.jpg

S7002684.jpg

S7002682.jpg

Loz

:? not sure on this , looks to be very fiddly to set up

The end results are different so if the maker wants to divert in that direction . good on him

the goblet ? whats going on with that ?

but sorry , not to my liking too OTT for me

Thanks for showing us though :lol:

Yeh I've seen these before in the states and whilst I think it's dead clever, the results are not pleasing to my eye.

From what I've seen of ornamental turning it's often a question of knowing when to use it and how much to apply.

The guy at our club who made one (completely computer controlled by stepper motors, a BBC model B and BASIC) makes some lovely ebony boxes with decorative lids. The ornamental stuff is usually on the top or sides, not both.

I suspect that the images shown are just what was done in the demo and as such went over the top just to show what the machine was capable of.

Personally I've no interest in owning and using one of these but it was fun to play for an afternoon.

Duncan

Blister":2mq2nzh3 said:
Loz

:? not sure on this , looks to be very fiddly to set up

The end results are different so if the maker wants to divert in that direction . good on him

the goblet ? whats going on with that ?

but sorry , not to my liking too OTT for me

Thanks for showing us though :lol:

Yes, He had it only a few weeks, there are 20 plus cams to use for different patterns, he had only practiced with a few - the goblet was a quick demo of several cuts - not a planned ( or finished ) piece,

Was very interesting, but i'd say many months of practice, and seeing what combinations of pattern go well toegther.

Pieces would have to be planned very well to turn out nice.

The wood seems to be very important too, hard close grains best - very best the black woods, i think he said - anything that would take a good close thread would be ideal .

All the best

Loz

It's good, but it's not a hen .. sorry ... I must be watching too much TV.

I do like some of the effects and think it is a very clever, but at what point does a thing stop being hand made as opposed to made by a gizzmo?
obvioulsy you still have to design and decide how much and what to use.
but it's a long way from hand carved and painted. effective though.

mrs. sliver":kh7l2ae4 said:
It's good, but it's not a hen .. sorry ... I must be watching too much TV.

I do like some of the effects and think it is a very clever, but at what point does a thing stop being hand made as opposed to made by a gizzmo?
obvioulsy you still have to design and decide how much and what to use.
but it's a long way from hand carved and painted. effective though.

Think it was quite expensive also...

However - Its a toy - he enjoys it, and i do agree - its far from handcarving ( however - you should see the guys carvings !!! and other work !!! - Woodturner of the year items )

Back