Rosewood Fillister and Panel Raiser Planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete - thanks for that, I have only used IR once, and it had quite an interesting smell. I have a back/side acoustic guitar set to be used at some point, but it's much darker than the planes above. Apparently quite nice to bend for a guitar. I also have a larger blank for making a neck with, but prob too heavy for acoustic - I'll save that for my EVH-alike stripey effort!

Cheers,
Adam

Philly,

Two super planes, wonderful workmanship.

I definitely wouldn`t want to let them go :( , hopefully your craftsmanship will be appreciated & the planes give years of good service.

Doug

Philly":3crntzg5 said:
Kalimna
In most Plough planes the arms of the fence pass through the stock of the plane and, once you adjust the fence to the desired setting, is locked off with one of various methods (wedges, screws, threaded arms with locking nuts, etc..) On a Bridle Plough the arms are fixed to the body and the fence moves along them - the fence has circular cut-outs to match the arms and when locked off sits parallel to the stock.
Hope this makes sense,
Philly :D
Hey Phil and everyone else, Happy New Year. Phil good to see you are going to put out a Plough. Will it be toted or not? Just to add my two cents to the conversation, on our ploughs we make the bottom of the arms in a v shape like Mathieson & Sons did. It is a pain to fit but makes the seating dead square. I don't remember, are you going to be at WIA this year in October? If so we look forward to meeting you there.

Take care,

Dan
D. L. Barrett and Sons

Hey Dan
Good to hear from you - thanks for the info. The first ones won't have totes - that'll be later in the year.
Planning for WIA in October - should be there this year. I'll get the cold ones in!
Cheers
Philly :D

Latest posts

Back