Rockwool bargain....REAL bargain

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streepips

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would pass it on: A bit of a ramble but worth it if you have some insulating to do.
Npower are doing a deal in conjunction with Build Centre..Of cousre I was sceptical when I saw the leaflet, and looked through it for the usual snags disclaimers and disqualifiers. There were none !
Went to the website, ( any Npower or build centre site has the deal on )
Website section for the deal was at a crawl.......timed out.....
0800 numbers locked up with too many calls.
Called build Centre. "" Can`t sell to you direct mate, have to go through the website or the phone order line, then Head office pass the order to us"

Hm Looked at Blurb again. States "Order online or visite a Build Centre" Pointed this out the BC staff over phone.... Still no joy.
I needed 80SQM @ 270mm thickness, there is an online calculator onn the NPower page that works the rolls needed out, best to use this first if you can get on. Take a note of the suggested amounts and keep to one side.

BUT. Fathomed a way round it with a great lad from BC...
First register with Build Centre. Instant membership.
Go to catalogue page.
select product.....100mm Rockwool is code DIY100 and the 170mm, well guess that one !
You will see it comes up at 0.86p per roll EIGHTY SIX P.. plus vat. £1:00
Max order is 100 SQM
I used the figures given as above by the calculator/ 14 rolls 100mm and 24 rolls of 270mm Both 1200 wide and 2.8 m long for 270mm and 4.8 long for 100 mm 38 rolls total
Then ordered delivery Free........
Paid by CCard....Grand total £38:02
Usual trade price £25 per roll. Thats a bargain.

That is a bargain. I've just checked it out and it's coming up at £3.90+ vat for a roll of 100mm. Where did the 86p come from?

Did you go to the DIYloft section? I assure you I have just paid 86p per roll.........Did you follow the instructions above or just browse the site?

Streepips":qwkpu65m said:
Did you follow the instructions above or just browse the site?
I followed the advice above. I searched for DIY100 and DIy 170 and it says 'DIY ROCKROLL 4.8MX1200X100MM
I CONFIRM THAT I WILL USE THIS INSULATION IN MY OWN HOME
and that I reside at the address on this delivery ticket'
which suggests I've got the right thing. It's just the price is not quite as low. The roll of 170mm is £5.11 + vat

According to the Npower website this offer is now no longer on - it was limited to the first 5000 customers. They are doing 2 for 1 still, but everywhere does that including B&Q and homebase et al. Free delivery might still be worth it if you need alot though.

Steve

I just tried and for and for 27 rolls £144 :?

Calculator Results

Number of Rockwool rolls you will need.
100mm 10

rolls
100mm rolls cost £39.00

ex VAT
170mm 17

rolls
170mm rolls cost £86.87

ex VAT
Total price for your loft £144.75

inc VAT

Humm , now that looks like more than £27 to me :-k :-k

Well, despite thinking I had missed the boat because no delivery happened on my chosen date, the order turned up today. 28 rolls for £28.00, so I am well chuffed. So many thanks to the OP for the heads up.

Great ! I had a call re my order, its delayed due to a massive response to the offer, but 38 rolls for £38 are on the way .
Best loft insulation offer EVER as far as I can recall.

Hope you're fitter than me, I was cream crackered after shifting 28 rolls before the local 'collectors of unattended goods' got at them. :lol:

studders":10axf332 said:
Hope you're fitter than me, I was cream crackered after shifting 28 rolls before the local 'collectors of unattended goods' got at them. :lol:

Probably be on sale at the local Car boot on Sunday. :wink:

Dibs-h":15skapmm said:
studders":15skapmm said:

Good idea. :lol:

Unfortunately you have to sign to say you won't flog it or install it anywhere other than the address it's delivered to, not that I can see how they would know wether I have or not.

studders":2ztabfj0 said:
Dibs-h":2ztabfj0 said:
studders":2ztabfj0 said:

Good idea. :lol:

Unfortunately you have to sign to say you won't flog it or install it anywhere other than the address it's delivered to, not that I can see how they would know wether I have or not.

Sorry - I didn't mean you should sell them. I meant your "local collectors of unattended goods" will probably be selling them there. Maybe they have evolved to use keyboards\mice and might be using the Bay now.

Dibs-h":1j1rda9g said:
Sorry - I didn't mean you should sell them. I meant your "local collectors of unattended goods" will probably be selling them there. Maybe they have evolved to use keyboards\mice and might be using the Bay now.

Ah right, gotcha. Well at least they won't be mine they're selling (even if it did half kill me bringing them in). :D

Latest posts

Back