Robert Sorby - Excellent Customer Services

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoman76

Established Member
Reaction score
I brought a second hand Pro Edge the other week, great bargain but didn't have the tool table or any other parts. I managed to get hold of a table and jigs but hadn't seen the platform locking lever or angle selector pin for sale anywhere.

So today I call Robert Sorby up, they apologised as the factory was on a two week shut down but said they would see what the could do. They called back an hour later to say they had found the parts I needed and put them in the post to me, no charge !! Now that's what I call great customer service.

David

Good to see that I'm not the only one who has lost the platform locking lever. Whilst it's useful it's too easy to loose and could do with being fastened onto the bolt somehow - haven't seen mine for months now. I get by with the bolt just finger tight.
And I've now added a magnet under the platform so when I remove it I can keep the bolt fastened to it.

nice to know there after service is so good been wondering which sharpening system to get Tormek or Pro edge, this is another tick in the pro edge coloum

Thanks for the tip on the magnet !!

I have only used it once to sharpen my bowl gouge and was well impressed, so from my limited experience I would recommend it !!

duncanh":11anzy1n said:
Good to see that I'm not the only one who has lost the platform locking lever. Whilst it's useful it's too easy to loose and could do with being fastened onto the bolt somehow - haven't seen mine for months now. I get by with the bolt just finger tight.
And I've now added a magnet under the platform so when I remove it I can keep the bolt fastened to it.

Do you not just leave it hanging from the bolt? I have never removed mine- you move it back a quarter of an inch and it just hangs out of the way. In fact, how do you use it if it has been removed from the machine?

When the platform is in place the bolt is screwed in. When I remove the table I'm lazy and don't re-insert the bolt in the frame (I'll only have to take it out again to re-install the table!)

ah, yes, i see how you mean.

The last 50 sharpenings that i have used mine for have been using the table- i forgot that you have to remove it for other tools.

Back