Robert Sorby Bevel edge chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Oryx would like these http://workshopheaven.com/cgi-bin/cp-ap ... els:AIButt

(sorry for long link I'm new at this)

This seems better value to me - I've read the reviews and they are both quality products but the accountant in me thinks the per chisel cost is better (especially the corner chisel thingy)

Maybe that's always the way; the more you can spend the better the deal you can get. I'll leave this to people who can tell you they're lovely or not now. You do realise that this question may not make your decision any easier - check the domino or nae thread.

cheers Oryx

Yes, Ashley Isles were next on my wish list. I have seen one in the flesh and they are lovely. My only concern was a review i read mentioned the back was not very flat, maybe this was just a dudd one though.

I forgot to mention, i'll be buying individual chisels for now or a set of 5 or 6. I'd love a full set but do not have the wonga for a large set just yet. I'd also like to try an individual chisel to see if i like it before buying a full set

R

I like my Sorbys. The new AIs are good too - perhaps a little better in the blade department, though I prefer the feel of the Sorbys.

Russ, I have previously mentioned some old style AIs that were a devil to prepare (if I remember I described them as rippled like Blackpool sands) and with less than ideal ferrules, but Matthew of WorkshopHeaven has worked with AI to get the factory grind tip top on the new output. I bought some not too long ago as a gift and they took but a moment to prep.

Cheers
Steve

Pete (Newt) has the rosewood handled Sorby's and has found them pretty good. The new AI chisels from Workshop Heaven are also excellent - Rob

I'm happy with my Sorby's. I have AI tools as well (older ones) and have no strong preference, would recomend either.

Bloody hell Russ there not cheap!

I did look at sorbys, but when i consulted the latest chisel review by woodbloke in F+C i changed my mine and decided to see what the Ashley Isles ones where like.

if i had the money id buy a the set of 6, for 100 notes its bloody good value.

i'm looking adding to my collection with a 3/8 and 1/8 soon :whistle:

John-Henry

Back