Rip-off Brittain

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomvic

Established Member
Reaction score
To my horror, TLOML has just bought a Southampton FC shirt to give to our 14 year old grandson at Christmas. £40 for the shirt, £18 for Barclay's badges on the sleeves and Lambert's name and number on the back - total £58! As if that isn't enough of a rip-off they have the bloody gall to add £7.50 post & packing for a plastic bag with a stamp! All in all £65.50 for a kid's t-shirt!. :evil: :evil:

Richard

phil.p":2xzi1evx said:
It's not a rip off. No one made you buy it. A rip off is my £1200 water rate. No option.

I wasn't looking for sympathy and as expected, didn't get it. Anyway, as my post says, I didn't buy the shirt. It was bought by my wife.

You do have an option with your water rates - not easy or cheap perhaps but still an option. My sister's house is on the edge of Saddleworth Moor. Private borehole for water, sewage to septic tank and surface water to soak-away - no water rates at all.
Richard

Ill give you some sympathy Richard , that is well overpriced for a childs shirt and will entail a huge markup for the club who no doubt need it to pay the ridiculous wages of the players

phil.p":1o6wrd1i said:
It's not a rip off. No one made you buy it. A rip off is my £1200 water rate. No option.

In light of your other thread that's gotta be bad (homer)

thomvic":1671f7se said:
To my horror, TLOML has just bought a Southampton FC shirt to give to our 14 year old grandson at Christmas. £40 for the shirt, £18 for Barclay's badges on the sleeves and Lambert's name and number on the back - total £58! As if that isn't enough of a rip-off they have the bloody gall to add £7.50 post & packing for a plastic bag with a stamp! All in all £65.50 for a kid's t-shirt!. :evil: :evil:

Richard
Send it back and get your money back. Educate your kids into seeing that stuff like that is for the tw*ts and buy them something interesting instead.
Frinstance something that would get them out playing it if sport is what they are into, not just being couch potato fans of some over-paid soccer stars/slobs.

Tom K":2lhl57tz said:
phil.p":2lhl57tz said:

In light of your other thread that's gotta be bad (homer)

:lol: That was the house we left - the one we've moved into is about £800 (another reason for moving).

Ultimately it's the fans who willingly fork out the cash. Like pop singers really - arguably they earn their money - nobody is under any obligation to support them.

Jacob":1gm53bxu said:
Send it back and get your money back. Educate your kids into seeing that stuff like that is for the tw*ts and buy them something interesting instead.
Frinstance something that would get them out playing it if sport is what they are into, not just being couch potato fans of some over-paid soccer stars/slobs.

Clearly you either didn't read the post properly or you don't have a wife and grandchildren!

I can't send it back because I didn't buy it and wouldn't anyway because I, like most grandparents, like to spoil my grandchildren. It's up to parents to be stingy in the way you describe and they certainly are in this case.

As for being a "couch potato," the boy concerned will put most to shame when it comes to activities. He plays rugby for his school team and for the junior team of a major Welsh rugby club. He is a very active member of a lifesaving club that does training twice a week year round, 6 months of which is in the sea and he is an active Scout. He also plays piano and trombone to a standard well above the norm for his age and excels in all of his schoolwork! And he still finds the time to get into all kinds of scrapes and mischief with his mates! "Couch potato" - I don't think so. :lol:

Richard

Then surely the £65 paid for the football club shirt this multi talented lad supports is worth the expense...isn't it..

thomvic":2j1juvc9 said:
He plays rugby for his school team and for the junior team of a major Welsh rugby club. He is a very active member of a lifesaving club that does training twice a week year round, 6 months of which is in the sea and he is an active Scout.

So why would a seemingly intelligent and well rounded boy want a football shirt? :?

whiskywill":1h93k7te said:
So why would a seemingly intelligent and well rounded boy want a football shirt? :?

You are seemingly not intelligent enough to understand so I won't bother to explain.

Richard

I wonder why anyone intelligent and rounded or not would want a football shirt. Or to watch football, or to read about it hear about it or even think about. It's the most monumentally boring, stupid game ever thought up. While people pay the prices, they'll charge the prices.

phil.p":1a75k9sf said:
I wonder why anyone intelligent and rounded or not would want a football shirt. Or to watch football, or to read about it hear about it or even think about. It's the most monumentally boring, stupid game ever thought up.
Each to their own. Some people must find woodwork boring but don't ridicule others for enjoying it.
How about you tell us what you enjoy so we can ridicule you...?

Latest posts

Back