RIP little blue Bosch......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got the metabo 4.8v 1.25 ah
which your welcome to borrow if you want to wait for the new bosch to arrive on the market
very handy for the kitchen fitting types among us
let me know
mel

As far as I know, Bosch's current 9.6 V cordless tools use O-pack batteries while Scrit's Bosch runs with flat-shape batteries. So in order to use the batteries Scrit already owns he'd have to get an old or used Bosch cordless drill.

Hmmmmm, what you need is someone who may have found 3 old (but new) gsr 9.6 on there shelves :whistle:

Or something like that :lol:

Matt.

to answer the original question, I too have one of the little Li-ion screwdrivers. It is Fabulous. Use it everyday, will drive in 3 and 4" screws, and the other day took out then replaced nearly 300 screws on one battery, excellent. It does not however have quite the same torque as the slightly bigger drill you had, and you do notice it on the bigger screws, but I for one wouldn't be without it.

mark

Matt1245":qitojtq6 said:
Hmmmmm, what you need is someone who may have found 3 old (but new) GSR 9.6 on there shelves :whistle:

Or something like that :lol:
Do you feel like PMing me on this one, Matt, especially as I'm currently doing lots of work in Manchester? I have another flat battery style jobbie, a GSB 9,6 VES (my backup drill/driver which is even older.....) which is getting lonely - either that or it, too, needs putting out to grass. The fact that I have three decent battery packs is nothing to do with this, oh no......

Scrit

I would look no further than the DW907. I carry 2 of them with me on kitchen fitting jobs and find them powerful, light, and they stop immediately.

I've got a couple of bigger cordless drills but they get too heavy & unwieldy in awkward situations.

Currently £79.99 inc VAT at Screwfix

Cheers
Brad

Back