Bosch GSR 3.6v cordless driver trade review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-gsr-3-6 ... iver/29511
bosch.JPG

I considered a second cordless drill for the occasions when I have a lot of pilot drilling to do to avoid constantly changing bits. My doubts were that the 3.6v motor wouldn't cope with much at all.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the results achieved by this little driver. I've used it for about 2 months now maybe 2 or 3 times per week on various jobs.
One of the features worth explaining is the fact that when you squeeze the large trigger, it starts off in fast mode and when the trigger is squeezed further it goes to slow mode. This happens with a definitive click.
This concerned me before I used it, making me wonder if it would cause problems, unseating the screw in fast mode before slow mode kicked in. This doesn't happen. If you pull the trigger right in to begin with, it starts off in slow mode.
It's also handy when a screw is just too much for fast mode to seat, you simply squeeze the trigger tighter and go into slow mode and the torque increases dramatically enabling you to seat the screw completely.
Fast mode is somewhere between fast and slow on an 18v drill so when first using it, it can be a little disappointing, however, you have to remember that it's a small light weight tool and you have made a trade off gaining in light weight and size.

Positives:
Light
Easily fits in a pocket
Lots of torque on the slow setting even for 4" screws
Charges in about half an hour (quickly enough for me even when in constant use)
Battery and charger small and easily portable
The light actually shines where the screw head is

Negatives:
Direction reverse switch is too easy to knock into neutral
No belt clip

Attachments

• bosch.JPG
    bosch.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 568
Sounds surprisingly good Graham for the battery size. Does the battery do much work on a single charge ?

Cheers, Paul

paulm":3div0st9 said:
Sounds surprisingly good Graham for the battery size. Does the battery do much work on a single charge ?

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul. No where near as much as an 18v, which is all I can compare it to, but often when I think it's dying, it carries on for a good while. As a trade user, I'm happy to have it in the box, just don't expect too much from it.

I'd buy another if I lost it.

Latest posts

Back