Review of Festool table saw by Peter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Roy. It’s a ‘first impressions’ vid rather than a full review, but certainly divisive. Re the cost, it was pretty much bang in the middle of the range of saws I looked at - about a grand more than the sharpest, and about a grand less than the most expensive. 👍

Looks like something useful for trim carpenters working on site or in a home where dust is an issue. I love my tracksaw but for small work it is fiddly and not always safe. This would work for a lot of small trim type work I am currently doing in my house renovation but too costly for me as a DIY'er.

There have been some comments about the lack of sawstop. I guess it is not feasable on a battery tool as the technology relies on a ground connection and detection of the current path through the body.

Looks like something useful for trim carpenters working on site or in a home where dust is an issue. I love my tracksaw but for small work it is fiddly and not always safe. This would work for a lot of small trim type work I am currently doing in my house renovation but too costly for me as a DIY'er.

There have been some comments about the lack of sawstop. I guess it is not feasable on a battery tool as the technology relies on a ground connection and detection of the current path through the body.
This, exactly. 👍

I think if you have both the space and the cash then in a workshop enviroment the sliding table saw is the one to have, cuts a full sheet into required pieces in the blink of an eye but what a footprint they require.

I think if you have both the space and the cash then in a workshop enviroment the sliding table saw is the one to have, cuts a full sheet into required pieces in the blink of an eye but what a footprint they require.
That’s something I coveted for years after using one on a course. I’ve never had the space but I did buy a tracksaw last year and that has completely removed my desire for a panel saw. I’m waiting for Peter’s in depth review of the Festool as I still do have a slight table saw itch, for small stuff just like Peter’s Mondrian panels

Yes space is something a lot of us wish we had in abundance, maybe one day someone will invent the technology behind the doctors Tardis .

For me the tracksaw is next best for sheet goods and no way would I part with cash for that Festool table saw as I can handle the dust and it does seem a bit on the sloppy side in places and cordless, no good to me.

It's only really viable if you already have Festool battery kit. Otherwise for that kind of outlay the 240v with sawstop is a much more worthwhile deal.
Still nice idea it comes in a case.

Back