Resin remover and wax supply

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend any propriatory brands of resin remover and a wax suitable for log drying control? Both must be available mail order, (moved a long way from my old suppliers). Many thanks. OJ

hi,
both available from Axminster amongst many other oulets. CMT and Trend do the resin remover and Chestnut do the wax under the title of "end seal", though I am advised that any parrafin wax will do and works out more economical (seen this available in flake form on ebay or decorators supply warehouses)
John

Hi OJ,

Screwfix do a reasonably priced and effective resin cleaner.

Although it is a bit pricey I use the 5L containers of end seal from Craft Supplies, costs around £17 I think. The Chestnut ones only seem to come in smaller packs as far as I know and aren't a practical alternative for me as a result.

Others seem to get by okay with pva or old gloss paint, but I find the endseal works well and a pack lasts for ages so haven't bothered with experimenting with anything else.

Having said that I have tried melting down the solid or flaked paraffin wax and using that, but it is only really practicable if you can organise yourself production run style so that you do loads at one sitting. I find the ready to go liquid endseal a much more practicable proposition if I only have a few logs or blanks to seal at one time.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Hi,
I use Mr Muscle window and glass cleaner it works extremely well and is far cheaper than “proper” resin removers.

pete

Latest posts

Back