Resin Removal a new discovery (to me at least)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickT

Established Member
Reaction score
After using a lot of reclaimed pine (high resin content) I was trying to remove the resin build up from all the various blades and tables etc...

I tried using the ScrewFix spray on resin cleaner, worked ok but slow on the heavily built up areas. I then used cellulose thinners, mutch better..

Then I discovered that the plastic cover for the laser on my miter saw was caked with resin as well. Not wanting to use either of the above just in case it dissolved the plastic, I suddenly thought what about Isopropyl alcohol. As I just happen to have some on the shelf, I tried it.. Worked a treat, all resin gone and no plastic melted. I also tried it on other bits and pieces, worked just as good.

So if you have a resin build up on some plastic and want to use something that leaves no residue when it evaporates and is safe on plastics use Isopropyl alcohol..

(I know that it leaves no residue as we used to use it to clean the disk platters on the old hard drives)

Just my 2p worth...

Back