Replacing Festool Splinter Guard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

It's definitely time for me to replace my splinter guard on my guide rails. I'm just wondering if it's possible to reverse them (rotate the splinter guards 180 degrees and use the fresh side which is currently opposite the fricton strips). I'm aware new splinter guards have a self adhesive backing, has anyone found an alternative (double sided tape?). I'm thinking it might be a good way of sparing some cash and get double use out of the splinter guards. Any pointers or advice is welcome.

Thanks.

I paid £8 each for 1400 new splinter guard...old ones lasted over a year with a lot of use. £8 very good value for, no hassle. Simple. Just saying

mahomo59":2jsda90t said:
I paid £8 each for 1400 new splinter guard...old ones lasted over a year with a lot of use. £8 very good value for, no hassle. Simple. Just saying

Same here, simple and sorted.

Thanks for the input all. I opted to buy new splinter guards in the end. All changed and now I have nice accurate rails again!

Back