Replacing fence panels.. and what to do with the old ones...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Brilliant..........off to the garage ..........I was thinking more of attaching a frame to the panel when flat on ground then standing vertical next to fence posts before losening and wriggling panel downwards but yours looks heaps better!! Thanks.

Here are some my old fence panels:

1-2012-10-17 11.14.41.jpg

Just need to add some plants

Attachments

• 1-2012-10-17 11.14.41.jpg
    1-2012-10-17 11.14.41.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 3,475
Moderator(s), thank you for dealing with my photos and I apologise for inadvertently putting you to this trouble.

Southern, good luck with your fence replacement, and some photos would be nice.

Phil, yea, it looks as though the fence panels might perhaps look better if rotated ninety degrees, but the top rails dictated that they went in that way. The panels of course look better from my neighbour’s side.

Rob, nice boat and a lovely idea. I hope you’ll post some photos when it’s planted.

Jack

mind_the_goat":1294bpwn said:
Here are some my old fence panels:
file.php

Just need to add some plants

That's really fun, Rob. Are you going to add some mesh to the mast and boom? It strikes me it would work really well for something like Jasmine, a Fuschia or even a small Clematis - some sort of flowering climber, anyway.

I think I'd be tempted to line it with polythene too. I made the mistake of not doing that with our twin compost bins (2x2' x 4'high) from shuttering ply. They work really well (our garden is small), but after eight years or so they're now rotting and I'll soon have a pile of rotted ply to deal with :-(

Either way, it looks grand.

E.

@Eric. Mesh, that's good idea I'll give that a go. I have lined it now.
I have another made to a different design, but had to use thin ply instead of old fence wood, due to more tightly curved bow. Steam bending 20 year old larch proved a bit difficult :)

Back