Renault Traffic Sport leak Help?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The van is now booked in for a leak diagnostic with Renault Holdbrook in Crewe, I’m almost certain it’s leaking around the top of the windscreen, however I'd rather get it leak detected before taking action to resolve it. They want to do a diagnostic to be certain (£114, so not cheap!), which I’m happy for and hopefully claim back. I enquired about getting it sorted out under lifetime warranty as opposed to manufactures warranty as it’s a private vehicle following the material, design and workmanship criteria alongside reasonable expectation of the product life. They were very helpful and gave me the Renault headquarters number so that I could speak with them about it. They highlighted that they would refer it to Renault. Not an issue. Renault were very helpful and after the diagnosis of what the fault is as well as a Holdbrooks assessment of the vehicle (I take that to mean how well it’s been looked after / if it’s had an accident repair to front etc etc) they will then be able to consider whether to make a contribution towards the repair.

I'm hopeful this can be resolved fairly painlessly using good manners, politeness and not taking the ‘I know my rights’ approach. If not, I’m lucky, one of my sons is a lawyer...
Over top of windscreen looks like some crud as that gap is a rust magnet on so many vehicles and had to repair many where it's gone through Frauds and Rovers was a fave the 2 series used to dissolve before first MOT almost!

Shouldn't be coming from rear as inner structure has a return where it meets bulkhead so should notice any water there before becomes a flood plus is that grommit thing on nearside water tight?
Can always test with a water coloured spray.
Can you not see any watermarks anywhere as often will see some residue where waters been around.

@Homeless Squirrel thats for all the suggestions. It’s definitely not coming from the areal, and there is no water entering the rear of the vehicle. It’s dripping from where the windscreen meets the roof, I asked Autoglass if they could take out the windscreen and refit, they said they couldn’t, which surprised me. Anyway, next week we will see what Renault diagnostics has to say / how much of the bill they are willing to fund.

@Homeless Squirrel thats for all the suggestions. It’s definitely not coming from the areal, and there is no water entering the rear of the vehicle. It’s dripping from where the windscreen meets the roof, I asked Autoglass if they could take out the windscreen and refit, they said they couldn’t, which surprised me. Anyway, next week we will see what Renault diagnostics has to say / how much of the bill they are willing to fund.
If no joy you can always scrub it clean up there making sure no moss/mould as loves to grow there!
Then run some clear or black sealer along there so fills any gaps/leaks/cracks

I have a Renault Traffic Sport, 2016, which I bought from new which has suddenly leaked I think. The roof lining around the windscreen door pillars was damp and water started coming out of the roof light console when I braked…..so a definite issue. I’ve taken the roof liner out (what a faff) and jetted water at it, windscreen, roof rack blanking bolts, door seals, rook to body junction and…….nothing! I can’t find a leak. There seems to be far too much water for it to be condensatio, and it’s never done anything like this before in the last six years. So, anyone any ideas?
I have the same problem with the same model and year. Ive checked and used seek n seal pretty much everywhere with no success, Resorted to drilling a drain hole in the console. I think the problem is the bonding on the screen but its a sod to seal. I note that if parked on a slope nose down the problem is worse, By always parking it nose up I found it pretty much stayed dry until the snow which makes me think its the upper part of the seal ( glass to glue ) thats failed. I have ran seek n seal across the windscreen edge to no avail but its impossible to get to the upper side of the joint ( glass to adhesive ) as theres not enough room. I wonder it the rubber seal from the previous model will fit ?. It should be possible to prove if Im right by running duct tape across the gap. Pretty horrible but if it solves it then it should be possible to carefully fill in the trough with silicon but I might pursue the rubber seal first.
Any thought ?

The van is now booked in for a leak diagnostic with Renault Holdbrook in Crewe, I’m almost certain it’s leaking around the top of the windscreen, however I'd rather get it leak detected before taking action to resolve it. They want to do a diagnostic to be certain (£114, so not cheap!), which I’m happy for and hopefully claim back. I enquired about getting it sorted out under lifetime warranty as opposed to manufactures warranty as it’s a private vehicle following the material, design and workmanship criteria alongside reasonable expectation of the product life. They were very helpful and gave me the Renault headquarters number so that I could speak with them about it. They highlighted that they would refer it to Renault. Not an issue. Renault were very helpful and after the diagnosis of what the fault is as well as a Holdbrooks assessment of the vehicle (I take that to mean how well it’s been looked after / if it’s had an accident repair to front etc etc) they will then be able to consider whether to make a contribution towards the repair.

I'm hopeful this can be resolved fairly painlessly using good manners, politeness and not taking the ‘I know my rights’ approach. If not, I’m lucky, one of my sons is a lawyer...
Looking forward to seeing how you get on. I have ordered a rubber seal from the previous model £21 which may fit, it seemed worth a try. I get why the screen could not be refitted as it's bonded and needs to be blocked to remove.

@Hairy john I had the windscreen taken out and put back in. The bonding of the windscreen hadn’t been done correctly. It cost me £120 to get done by an independent…. The sane one Renault were using to do the work and charge me £550!! Problem was solved.

Nice one, Thats very reasonable.
I must admit I was surprised it could be removed without breaking it. Did there do it at your risk ?
Was the company a national one ?

I used an Independant Autoshield Windscreens. It was at my risk but they were confident it could be done without breaking the windscreen.
Worst case it could have been broken and a claim on my insurance!!

I have a trafic van & mine has just started doing the same & water coming in from the interior light. Having looked at the top of the windscreen there is no rubber seal between the glass & the roof so i put some gaffer tape over the gap to see if it stopped & it did!

what was the outcome for you?

The exact same thing is happening to my Renault sport 2016 140. Water is coming out of where the rear view mirror/rear cam and leaking on to dashboard. 1st to go was Dab radio but checked Ariel seal and all looked fine.
2 definitely same problems
This van has only 33000 miles and owned from new

Back