Remote control cars?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227-234123_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227-234123_eBay.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 0
I'm glad this discussion has progressed. My boy is 9 and pineappled that santa forgot a RC car for him, but he's been destroying them fast enough that we allocated the money elsewhere. However, the RC car tax will probably be paid in the spring when we can get outside again and something with replaceable gears would be idea - that's what he destroys, the plastic transfer case gears. I had no idea that something of similar spec could be had where those parts could be replaced.

The trick is to find it in the US now.

Sweet! - the maverick stuff is available in the US.

I’d recommend Traxxas. I have a 1/10 Slash VXL and my neighbour has a Rustler which we race. They are expensive but excellent, nearly indestructible and spare parts are easily obtained if it is damaged. I’ve had Tamiya too, but the Traxxas cars are better, I think. I picked mine up for a reasonable price on eBay.

I would also recommend Traxxas. I have the e-Maxx Monster truck. It has to be 10 years + old by now and still works perfectly. It's old enough to still have dual brushed motors but it will do 30 + mph and the thing is built like a tank. Spares are still available.
However Traxxas are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

I would also recommend Traxxas. I have the e-Maxx Monster truck. It has to be 10 years + old by now and still works perfectly. It's old enough to still have dual brushed motors but it will do 30 + mph and the thing is built like a tank. Spares are still available.
However Traxxas are not cheap but you get what you pay for.
Are they available in the UK??

I'd say Tamiya have the broadest spectrum of models and probably the worst basic speed controller and battery connectors of all.
There's also Schumacher, yokomo, Associated and many more.

Much depends on the intended use.

I invested many thousands in RC cars when my son (I) was growing up.

We competed at a high level and thoroughly enjoyed it, we also had a lot of fun in the back yard.

If you can find a local club to compete at, that's where the real fun and expense starts.
Me too, my eldest son races Scumacher cars at a national level.

Back