Relocating to Scarborough.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filsgreen

Established Member
Reaction score
We'll be moving to Scarborough in a month's time and was wondering if any of the members are from that way? Also does anyone know of any good timber merchants in the area?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil - a good place to go and have a look at would be Snainton Woodturning;it's the nearest place I can think of,stock a lot of stuff,and normally have quite a big presence at woodworking shows.
Bit of a ride out,but not too far to John Boddys at Boroughbridge.

Andrew

Come on Over to the round side Phil ... we took Wizer hostage, and the cuffs & ropes are off now and he's stayed ! :lol: 8)
We have cookies :wink:

Good luck with the move and hope you get nice and settled quickly..

All the best,

Alun 8) 8) :D

You will find a warm welcome at Snainton, I worked with them twice last year and both time they were most friendly. A real family atmosphere.

Martin

Thanks again Alun and Martin. We are looking forward to the move, but we will miss Jersey :( . The house we are going to rent doesn't have a garage, so once again the workshop will have to be packed up until I can either buy a house with a garage or build my own. We all know what I would rather do :D .

I'm 50 at the end of May and I've asked all my relatives and friends to contribute to the shed fund :D . By the time we buy a house it will be Winter and I don't really want to build it then, so Spring 2010 looks the likely time. It looks like a long wait.

Cheers

Phil

Hi I am going down to Scarborough in a few weeks and was wondering
if there is any event going on..Or good wood sculptures in the area
Will be staying around Peasholm Park, Bit of a home from home for
the wife and I...lol. We was asked why we do not just move to Scarborough
but we love Manchester just as much...
Or any pen turners in the area who is willing to give me a quick tutorial...
want to get a move on with my pen turning..
Would be very grateful..
P.s will bring my own blanks and pen kits and lots of biscuits...lol

Phil I assume you know it's about 10 degrees cooler in Scarborough and there's only 1 day in the year when the North Sea is warm enough for a dip :D

Ah, Scarborough!

Brings back memories. I was at college in York in the late 70's and we used to hitch-hike to Scarborough for the weekend. There was a girls-only teacher training college there where we always found a warm welcome. They were most accomodating, those girls.

:lol:

Happy days...

Cheers
Brad

Ironballs":2jff6g13 said:
Phil I assume you know it's about 10 degrees cooler in Scarborough and there's only 1 day in the year when the North Sea is warm enough for a dip :D

What day is that then?? :?

Ironballs":2ixpppzb said:

Thanks Ironballs, that makes me feel so much better about the move. :D

Phil

filsgreen":o138g46w said:
Ironballs":o138g46w said:

Thanks Ironballs, that makes me feel so much better about the move. :D

Phil
If you live by the cost you will have to put up with all the problems of the hol
season..
Would you put your toe in the north sea...you can clean your brass
with that sea water.... :lol:

hog&bodge":35tb7m6h said:
If you live by the cost you will have to put up with all the problems of the hol
season..
Would you put your toe in the north sea...you can clean your brass
with that sea water.... :lol:

Living in Jersey you tend to get used to holidaymakers. :D

Phil

Ironballs":18sfkfhx said:

You would need Ironballs to go for a dip
in the North Sea on ANY day. Trust me
i live on the N.Sea coast. :lol:

Back