Help Sourcing M10 threaded steel rod 1.2M length

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham T

Reaction score
Hi
I'm trying to source a single-length M10 threaded steel rod 1.2M in length. Not too worried about the type of material. The cost of delivery is more than the item itself.
Does anyone know any local metal merchants in the Newbury West Berkshire area or an online supplier?

Thanks, Graham

Screwfix sell threaded rod in both galv and stainless from 6mm to 16mm

just checked only up to 1m any electrical wholesalers will sell 3m lengths of galv m10

Hi Guys
Thanks, did not think of looking at Electrical Wholesalers. My searches did not pick them up as a possibility.

Thanks, again

Graham

Engineers merchants too. If you are applying serious tension to the thread, galvanising can gall and strip off. In that case a non galvanised and higher tensile strength rod is a better solution. An good engineers merchant will sort you out.

If you are passing Hungerford - T&M Fastenings 01488 686444 do all sorts of fastenings. Always been very helpful when I have needed anything. Might be worth a call.

Engineers merchants too. If you are applying serious tension to the thread, galvanising can gall and strip off. In that case a non galvanised and higher tensile strength rod is a better solution. An good engineers merchant will sort you out.
Probably zinc plated unless specifically galvanized?

If nearer than the electrical merchants, any pipe fitting merchants would also have this and nuts & rail nuts etc to suit

The better merchants would probably also keep this in stainless steel at the 10mm size.

Probably zinc plated unless specifically galvanized
Certainly.
Traditional hot dip galvanising, "pre galv" continuous hot dip coating of rolled or extruded parts, electrogalvanising / bright zinc plate, arguably even Sheradising with vaporised zinc at high temp: they all apply a zinc coating by different methods and thicknesses.

I'm sure the one we had problems with would have been electroplated 👍

Back