Record power CLB22A Tool rest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardHants

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been given this Record Power tool rest. It is labelled CLB22A. I am trying to find out which lathe it is intended to fit. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• P1090671.JPG
    P1090671.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • P1090670.JPG
    P1090670.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • P1090673.JPG
    P1090673.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • P1090674.JPG
    P1090674.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
It's free standing so just screws down to a bench.
Not sure about that. The cone and wingnut underneath suggests it tightens to a twin bar lathe bed, but looking at the recesses in each side the bars must be pretty small. Seems odd though, you would expect a lever not a wingnut and there is no way to vary the 'in-out' position. I wonder if it fits to one of the many and varied 'outboard turning' arms that came with some models. Finding when RP went from blue to green might be a a start.

Thanks for your replies. Record Power have now told me it is a bowl turning attachment for a Coronet CL1.

It is deigned to be complexly free standing on three tubular steel legs, the cone and the wing nut are for securing the legs.
I only saw this demonstrated once, back in the late 90's and the guy doing the demo had a sand bag hung off it for extra ballast as he said it had a bit of a tenancy to move around .
Hope this helps.

Back