Record power BS300

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prae5

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a bandsaw and its one thinfo I don't know a huge amount about, so I'm hoping the collective wisdom can guide me :)

I've been offered a bs300 for about £250-300.

Is this a reasonable machine, I could find many reviews? Is there anything else in this price bracket that's worth a look at?

Thanks

Yep. IMHO It's a good 'un. I've had one for about 10 years and it's done me well.

Getting good blades has made a world of difference; take a look at Tuffsaws. Much better blades (and cheaper) than Record's own.

Don't try to go larger than a 5/8" blade, you'll risk damage with a 3/4".

Check the machine over; are the tyres cracked, does it run smoothly? Do the support bearings spin OK? Can you get the table square to the blade?

The tensioning system isn't the greatest (quite tight) and I replaced mine after it snapped: repairing-my-record-power-bs300-bandsaw-t87740.html

Do check if it's the newer "E" model or the original; the table on the older model is apparently better and it has a blade tension release lever. However, the newer one apparently has better wheels and maybe a better fence. Probably 50/50 really; though a guy I spoke to at Record gave me the impression he preferred the original.

Back