Record Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Record PT260 planer thicknesser andthe PT 260 X? Just wondering.

All the best,

David

I could be wrong but is the "x" not the latest one with the open leg base as opposed to the earlier model with the cabinet base (?). :?

Scott,

I have no idea if its just the open leg design that is the difference - the spec between the two seems identical?

Cheers,

David

I think that's the only difference to be honest. The open leg base has a couple of wheels IIRC so it can be moved about.

I'm fairly sure there isn't a difference in the mechanics of the thing.

It's just a different coloured clone of all the other EB260 clones (apart, of course, from the special Record "sprayed on in a sawmill" non-stick finish on the tables!)

You buying?

You might have read my comments about mine in earlier threads but I'd advise you try to see the actual machine you're buying whilst clutching a straightedge and a pair of winding sticks!

My tables are not flat and fence is in wind.

All the best

It wasn't actually mine. It was in response to someone else's. I'll have a rake and see if I can find it

Dave_G":3e1f8v8r said:
Scott,

Can you post a link to your thread??

David

I think it might be a thread I started, moaning about the rubbish fence. The thread started with me asking if there are any after market fence upgrades. At the time it was mentioned that a new design fence might have been on the cards, but as yet nothing. I cured mine by making the fence fixed at 90deg. all in all it does the job, but oh the bxxxdy fence drove me nuts. :x

Back