Record ML360 drive belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobajobob

Established Member
Reaction score
Could anyone help me find a replacement.
Its the outer longer belt. Record reference V-belt K-21.
Record cannot supply. Similar to Toyo and Manix
Thanks.

Hi Bob,
Is there any of the original printed text on the belt? This can be a real help in finding a replacement which are almost always standard parts easily obtained from an online bearing shop (amazon). I recently was able to obtain new belts for my old Myford ML7 lathe and milling machine just from these numbers. Some are metric and some are imperial but the key dimension is usually the inside length of the belt.

If you can find anything then go to amazon or similar and type the details in and search.

Edit: It looks like a standard vee-belt so the chances are good. Dooh! K 21 is a 21" K style vee belt (8mm wide).

HTH
Jon

Thanks Guys
K21 is a rare beast. Ordered one I found on Amazon from a friendly fella in Hong Kong . Looked perfect but was a pipper to fit.
It was about 3/4" shorter than nominal. Perhaps the loss of Britain's influence has allowed the inch to devalue.
Motor factors tried have been unsuccessful. Will try mower spares.
Any markings have long gone but shorter belt reads Mitsuboshi (not Mitsubishi) K16 so K21 version from that maker most likely.
Searches reveal nought in UK. Will continue quest.
Appreciate your support.

Back