Record DX5000 Dust Extractor Remote Switching

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Have spent the afternoon redoing my dust extraction system with soil pipe for my recently acquired extractor. It sucks beautifully! I loved my Camvac when I got it but with more machines more power was needed.

Only problem is that I used to control my single motor Camvac with a remote control that made life much easier. Unfortunately the Record extractor was too powerful for it and seems to have 'blown' it. The unit says it was rated for up to 2000 watts so I thought it would be ok as the Record is 2000 watts - it wasn't :oops:

Anyone got a remote unit to work theirs and if so could you point me in the direction of where to get one too?

Many thanks

Many thanks, Alan
I had looked at this on the 'net but couldn't find a power rating anywhere. A trip to Maplin coming on!
Thanks again.

I use the maplin unit on my ras, but just to say the instructions aren't very clear. They also imply there is no need to cut into the machine cable. That was not the case with the one we use. Otherwise works extremly well.

Woody

Stewart,

I've been giving some thought as to how to switch my DC system and am erring in the direction of putting a switch beside each blast gate.
Would this be an alternative for you?

Bob

Woody Alan":3an29xdn said:
Pecker both those I linked are 13 Amp socket type. What type are you referring to please?

Alan

alan, I bought a "unit" from maplins that is an auto sensing/switching. not attached to a socket, havn't got details to hand, but there were a couple of different ones there on the shelf. I see if I can dig out the info

woody

ummm. can't find details at the moment (it's in my workshop on an Ind est), but it was a "module" that came pre packed. I rather fancy it may be discontinued, but they've got 615 item under the clearence banner!

sorry about that, only bought it about 4 months ago.

woody

Stewart, I've been using a "Homelec" remote with a DX5000 for a few years now and no problems. The plug in receiver is rated to 2,400W and I last saw them discounted in B & Q for £12 odd. I'm sure they all come out of the same factory but I presume there are different ratings available as most of them seem to be packaged with lamps and Christmas lights as suggested applications.

Hi

The unit woody is on about is a Master / slave unit that Maplin used to sell now discontinued and non in clearance (just checked)

It is a German unit called a Kemo M103 and switches up to 4Kw !!

I have one rig up to my extractor and it works a treat

I will have another trawl of T-internet and if I find one I'll get back to you.

john

I have contacted Kemo in the past and they will not deal with the public.
you can buy them from Holland here http://www.vego.nl/kemo/38/38.htm
an I'm sure I found a German hobby vendor that sells them in the past.

Make sure you understand the specs though. These modules work by sensing the power drawn by the main machine (saw, planer etc) and it is this load that can go up to 4kw. in three steps 0.25 to 1 kW, 1-2kW or 2-4kW by using different connections. This sensing circuit operates a relay which is rated at 10 amps ie 2.4 kW at 240 volts.

If all your machinery that you want to collect dust from consumers power in one of the specified ranges, then fit the unit in the power feed to those machines. If you need a wider range of power sensing then you might need two modules with the relays wired in parallel to oper ate the DC when either of the threshold are exceeded.

These look like good devices but you need to understand how to use them to best effect.

Bob

PS German source is here http://www2.westfalia.de/suche/index.php

Back