Record DS300 sanding discs?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimothyClaypole

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just picked one of these up but can't seem to find any finer grades of discs for it.

Ideally I'd like 240 grit but Machine Mart list Fine as 120 grit.

Even Ebay has let me down so far.

I'm curious as to what they designed it to sand with such heavy grits as surely if wood it would be better to saw/plane that much material off?

Bit late, but ...

I also picked up a Record DS300 and I'm very pleased with the machine, and also have a sanding disc problems. But not quite the same problem. I'm happy with 60 and 80 grits as I don't (yet) have a bandsaw, my jigsaw is horrible (Ryobi), I'm no good planing curves and I'm not man enough to shape on the table saw.

I can't find the correct tack though. The discs I got from Record - or the distributor at least - are so sticky it takes ages to get them off again. And the discs I got from Axminster - marketing departmentally described as "reusable" - hardly stick at all.

Cannot help on the Record sander, but have recently bought a Bosch 280E detail sander and pleased to find that the Abranet sanding pads work on this. Enables me to use 400 grit for better finish.

Alex

Bought some off Ebay in the end at 120 grit.

powertoolsolutionsltd.

The old one was a nuisance to get off and had to clean the glue remains off with AF label remover and a stanley knife blade.

Read somewhere today that you can heat them up first with a heat gun and they peel off easier so will try that in future.

Latest posts

Back