Record DMP106 Planer/Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labeline

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I am new to the forum.

I am just setting out on buying some machines to get some experience ( I have done a 12 month machining course) with cheaper machines before investing in something better. I am not going to be making anything particularly special at this time but want to make some cupboard units for our house. Later I will be getting back into furniture making. A friend of my mother's is selling off her husband's workshop. It is generally pretty low level hobby stuff but includes a Record RSTS10 Table Saw, a Perform bench top Bandsaw, a Rexon Rotary/ belt sander. One of the items I am looking at is a Record DMP 106 Planer Thicknesser. I have no idea how old it is but am assuming that as I can only find one reference to them on the net they are quite old. I want to give her a fair price for it but have no idea on condition etc as the only person who knew was her husband who passed away about 2 years ago. Can anyone tell me about these and what would be a fair price to give her? Everything else I have priced through Ebay and other sites.

Many thanks

Paul

It may help if you could add a picture or two to allow a better guestimate as to how much it's worth :)

Regards

Mark

Sorry just remembered you have to have made a certain number of posts before posting pictures #-o

There doesn't seem to be much info available but there was a post from 2011 user-manual-wanted-t52229.html

The member that made the original post (John G) still looks at the forum (last 'visited') this weekend. When you have made a couple more posts you should be able to send him a PM and get some feedback from somebody with the machine in question.

Misterfish

misterfish":cx0jmacc said:
There doesn't seem to be much info available but there was a post from 2011 user-manual-wanted-t52229.html

The member that made the original post (John G) still looks at the forum (last 'visited') this weekend. When you have made a couple more posts you should be able to send him a PM and get some feedback from somebody with the machine in question.

Misterfish

Thanks, I had seen that but that is about all there is. I did a search on the Record site and there is nothing on there either which makes me wonder whether spare blades etc. would still be available. I will send a message to John G and will take a look at how many posts I have to make to allow me to do that. I cannot offer this lady as much for the kit as she would like because, although she knows how much it cost originally, she cannot see that it is now very old although she seems to think it is less than 10 years but insists it was bought in the late 90's. Amazing how many people forget there were 10 years between 2000 and 2010. She also has a sentimental attachment to it so it may be that I walk away rather than risk upsetting her.

Paul

This Chinese P/T was, and still is, sold under different brands and paint colours. Metabo, Elektra-Beckum, Record Power, SIP, Draper and many others.There are minor differences, some have a cast iron thicknesser bed and others aluminium, motor power varies slightly and blades differ - some have sharpenable others throwaway. But they are all really much-of-a-muchness. I have the SIP version and it works very well and does a lot of work.

Hi,

The picture below is of my Sip 8x8 P/T I recently paid £200 for it (which I think was slightly to much) but I won it on ebay. Does it look anything like this ???

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 2,314
Grayo":33gg2480 said:
Hi,
..............Does it look anything like this ???
No, its the larger induction motored 10/6 machine

$T2eC16NHJHIFFhb1PP+oBSVqkqOdpg~~60_1.JPG

... much the same as all the others I listed in my previous post.

Back