record 41 blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arminiusrex

Established Member
Reaction score
I have aquired 3no unused cutters for a record 41 shoulder plane.

Offers invited, or possibly trade for a cutter for a record 73 and record/stanley combination plane blades

Hi there, have no reason to doubt you genuinely have these baldes to sell, but there is a general wariness of folks who come on with something to sell with their first post.

How about you give a little info about yourself and your interests in woodworking. I have a No 41 and could be interested in a spare blade for example.

Welcome to the forum by the way and hope you choose to stick around.

Cheers

Damian

No problem.

I am a Design and Technology Teacher currently working for an agency on supply and I have have aquired a large number of tools from a closing school.

These cutters were found in a tin with 2no sorby scrapers and 6no tam o'shanter hones.

The hones are pristine, by the way. Do you know if they are worth much?

The reason for asking about a cutter for a no73 is that I now have one, together with both a Record AND Stanley combination plane, but with no blades.

I don't suppose you have any cutters for a Stanley no66 have you?

Apparently it is not easy to post a photo on this site.

If you want a photo, please ask.

PM or give me your email

arminiusrex":1m5snj8h said:
Apparently it is not easy to post a photo on this site.

It's actually impossible (!!).

But it is VERY easy to host a photo on another site (I recommend photobox as being free, and free from adverts when you direct-link), and then post a link.

This has the side benefit of allowing your photo to be used on a blog, other forums, ebay etc.

BugBear

Now if I have done this right, should link you to a photo of the 041 cutters

hones003.jpg

arminiusrex":1uygmjtp said:
Now if I have done this right, should link you to a photo of the 041 cutters

Now you just need to work on your photographic technique :)

At least you didn't use flash.

BugBear

No, I need a new camera for christmas. Never used it for close up work before, and it's not up to the job.

Camera is a Praktica G3.2 with 3 megapixel res.

It's made of plastic, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

Will try to use my Daughters phone next time.

arminiusrex":2l80zihc said:
Camera is a Praktica G3.2 with 3 megapixel res.

Ah. Fixed focus, minimum distance 1.5 metres.

Try moving out to that distance, then cropping using desktop software (AKA digital zoom).

BugBear

Back