Recommended sawhorse/sawhorse brackets?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarF

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a mirror dinghy to renovate over the winter and I need some new trestles to sit it on while I work. It would be useful to have it low enough to reach the inside while it's the right way up, but be able to raise it up a decent bit when it's turned over to do the bottom (some jobs are easier to do working underneath the upturned hull).

I was thinking about using the brackets which fit sections of 2x4 - would be flexible in terms of height and replaceable when they get banged up, just wondering if there are any better options out there?
G

Make your own. It's a quick apprentice piece, and any woodworker worth their salt can make them just with a handsaw, a mallet and chisel, and a screwdriver. Mine are ready for another new top:

vLzvBSr.jpg

XRQfA4B.jpg

MikeG. said:
Make your own. It's a quick apprentice piece, and any woodworker worth their salt can make them just with a handsaw, a mallet and chisel, and a screwdriver. Mine are ready for another new top:

True. Was thinking of folding ones as my old ones (cobbled together in the kitchen of my student flat when by rights I should have been revising for finals or at least concentrating on the New Yankee Workshop) are almost always in the way of something else in the garage.

But while I price up the timber and estimate the time it'd take me, what is the splay on the legs, and are the ends raked at the same angle? I'm assuming you used 2x4 with 2x6 for the top.
G

GarF":356qs2iq said:
........I'm assuming you used 2x4 with 2x6 for the top.

I happened to see today that the legs are ex 3x2, not 4x2. The angles? Yeah, about that much, or a tad more. Whatever ad hoc angle I opened the mitre gauge to.

Latest posts

Back