Recommendations for a reasonably priced digital camera

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thetyreman":pdcqt852 said:
Racers":pdcqt852 said:
Canon swapped mount between film and digital, Nikon didn't that's why I was able to take that picture with a 50mm f1.4 made in 1974, which was only £32 instead of £395 for the latest one.
That's some saving!

Pete

never knew that, you'll be able to use some really nice old lenses on it then, possibly better made some of them than new ones, they can give a certain vintage look or more film like look I've found, £32 is really cheap for 50/1.4!

Yep I have a few old Nikons and quite a lot of 50mm lenses.

Nikon 50's by Racers, on Flickr

Pete

A very niche camera but the Ricoh GR is the best digital camera I’ve ever used. I picked one up for about £200, it’s brilliant. They’ve just released the GR 3, think its about £600.

I have absolutely no idea.
My 350D, and my assorted lenses have been with me for almost 20 years (in fact I think the oldest one is nearly 30 years old), and travelled around most of the globe, swapping lenses in seconds as and when needed.
I do NOT have an adaptor.

If you want something light but with a good zoom, look at Canon SX60 and it's smaller brother, the SX620. I changed to this series some years ago after getting fed up lugging heavy lenses around and have been very pleased that I made the switch.

sunnybob":yu6jjp18 said:
I have absolutely no idea.
My 350D, and my assorted lenses have been with me for almost 20 years (in fact I think the oldest one is nearly 30 years old), and travelled around most of the globe, swapping lenses in seconds as and when needed.
I do NOT have an adaptor.

That adaptor allows the oldest of canon lenses (FD Mount) to be used with EOS cameras (EF and EFS mount).

Back