Recommend suitable soft-close to use with Simonwerk Tectus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrYorke

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at installing a door using Simonswerk Tectus concealed hinges. The door will be the thinnest I can get away with for the hinges. I think they said 22mm (I will check again first). The door will be about 450mm wide and a flat slab.

The hinges are not soft close so I wanted to know if there was a soft close mechanism that I could add to the lining or door to allow this?

I'd really like a concealed push-open mechanism so that there is no handle but I'd settle for the soft-close only if not available.

Cheers

I've used those hinges before on a fire door but I'm guessing yours is more a kitchen cabinet type door? if so could you use those drill in softclose piston things on the hinge side?

Yes, it'll actually be a tall, narrow door to an ensuing bathroom where the customer wants a smooth finish on the outside.

Have briefly looked at the piston types and is probably what I'll have to go for in the end.

Latest posts

Back