Recommend soft close drawer runners for faceframe kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrYorke

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm making my first ever kitchen and would like to know what type of soft-close drawers runners you would recommend.

The kitchen will have face frames.

The drawers boxes will have solid sides and base if that's makes any difference

Cheers in advance

I'm doing my own face frame kitchen and had intended on making my own drawer units with dovetailed corners. When I realised that i would have 24 drawers to make, so 96 dovetailed corners, I lost the will to live and went for Blum Tandembox drawers with stainless steel sides. Bases and backs are in 16mm MFC or veneered mdf so you can have custom width drawers. The self soft close action is superb and I'm so pleased I went for them. A cheaper alternative would have been the painted version. You can also use them with stainless steel fronts behind doors which makes a great larder unit.

If you MUST build your own drawers I believe Dynapro are highly recommended.

MrYorke":uxmrh4wx said:
Cheers for that. Luckily for me I only have a few drawers to do.

In that case I would use the Dynapro runners. These aren't cheap either, but my philosophy is to spend some of what you save by doing it yourself on premium quality fittings, as well as buying the "toys" to do the job of course! :)

Back