Reciprocating Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I'm after a reciprocating saw. I had a cheap B&Q saw in the past which worked reasonably well, however my main gripe was the amount of vibration while cutting, even with good quality blades.

Any recommendations or words of caution would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mark

If you're interested in the previous version of this saw (Makita JR180D 18V NiMH) I may be selling mine soon.

carlb40":1i7f4w8h said:
I've only ever used and owed one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BJR181-DC18RC ... 53ef7ba645

I purchased the body only version as i already had other makita kit. It does all i need from it. But if you were going to use it for hours on end a mains version would be better. :)

Amen to that :mrgreen:

A cheaper option is the corded Bosch PFZ500E at around £80. It's the green DIY version but perfectly good for most things. Similar to the B&D Alligator, it has a deeper blade so is more sturdy than a regular recip saw.

The best recipe to go for would be the Milwaukee recips i've used both Makita, Dewalt and Milwaukee. Dewalt are good and the makita is ok but Milwaukee (the inventors of recips) i Think are by far the best you cant go wrong with it ive had mine for 4 years now, no problems.

MMUK - I have about £60 worth of blades left over from my last saw so I'd like to stick with a reciprocating saw, however that Bosch alligator saw does look like a handy tool.

KevM - Thanks for the offer, though I don't have any cordless Makita kit and when I come to replace my battery drills in the future I'm swaying towards Panasonic.

I've found a Milwaukee Sawzall from FFX for £175, which is by far the best price online I've seen.

I'll read a bit more about them before I decide.

Thanks,
Mark

MMUK - thanks for the link, however I won't be replacing my cordless drills just yet so have gone for the corded Milwaukee I linked to above from FFX.

I'm not sure what's happening here: the payment went through fine and I received two emails, one from World Pay confirming that the payment has been processed, and another from FFX with login details. I signed into my account on the website and the price of the saw is now advertised as £214, yet I paid nearly £50 less a moment earlier? I've just clicked on the above link to the saw and the new price is now displayed.

I remember there was a similar mix up with Makita Li-Ion batteries a while back, which was discussed on these forums. I suppose if there is a problem then they'll contact me - I'm not going to voluntarily offer more money if I can help it!

Thanks for the advice,

Mark

Mark- with ffx you pay get a world pay thing come up and a couple days later your get it, its a really strange website when it comes to paying for stuff but dont worry it will come through, if in doubt give them a call

Luketheduke - The saw arrived this morning. I was concerned that I had been charged the wrong amount as the price increased by almost £40 immediately after I completed the payment.

I recommend FFX wholeheartedly - I've bought several tools from them in the past and the service has always been excellent, and the prices are amongst the lowest I've found online.

Mark

+1 for FFX. Excellent service and extremely knowledgable staff who are only too willing to help and advise correctly (yes, I have tested them out on a couple of early occasions to gauge their knowledge and honesty).

Latest posts

Back