Recession

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
There are over 7 fully laden oil tankers lying in Torbay which have been at anchorage for at least 5 weeks.
So any talk of recession over is a load of trollop?

They are just waiting for the price of oil to go up.

There was a thing on sky news the other day about this there is a large number of tankers lying at anchor around europe waiting for the price to go up.

john

It might be middle east gas - evidently there is a glut.

My own opinion is we will get a bad slide into a deeper recession as winter starts.

Whilst the government & the stupid city juveniles think they can use the same tactics to get us out of the mess that got us into it, we have little hope.

I bet the Blue rinses down in bungalow land are happy with those smelly dirty tankers spoiling the vista.

Believe it or not, there is a up turn down my neck of the woods, as we have started up a slumbering rolling mill (Llanwern) and we will be firing up our second blast furnace in Autumn and the plant that I work on will be gearing back up to produce 18,000 tonnes of coke.

apparently all because of this car scrappage deal.

Locally, perhaps because of the 'recession', we have had the longest and most populous holiday season I can recall, plus one of the wettest summers ever, all thanks to 'man made global warmimg' I assume. :roll:

Roy.

I guess if enough influential folk say its over, it will be. I blame bloody Robert Preston, he has been very quiet of late.

Yep the Yandels factor is probably as good a measure as anything. Good thinking.

newt":mawx958a said:
I blame bloody Robert Preston, he has been very quiet of late.

Not surprising, seeing as he died in 1987.

I thought he was OK in "The Music Man" and bloody brilliant as Steve McQeen's father in "Junior Bonner".

Ah! I see...Peston.

Oh how we DREAM of $2.42 a gallon over here.
At the moment the stations around here are $6.70 a gallon.

The government just put the tax up again. Our pump prices are now something like 72 to 75% tax. Can't remember the exact number. We's be somewhere in the region of $1.75 a gallon if it wasn't for the fuel duty.

Nice eh?

UP THE REVOLUTION!

(That or let's vote the libertarian party in - they are the only lot who's manifesto is to basically leave us the hell alone - wouldn't that be nice!)

Oh - and of course they said the recession was over - they had to find SOME way to excuse the however many trillion they've stolen and put into the pockets of private businesses.
Just imagine if they had to admit they'd stolen your money, given it to private businesses and it HADN'T had an effect.
I despair sometimes... people actually VOTE for these clowns?
Years ago they'd all have been the village silly person. We should bring that role back to society - let them realise their true calling without screwing us all over.

BigShot":125uwdhj said:
(That or let's vote the libertarian party in - they are the only lot who's manifesto is to basically leave us the hell alone - wouldn't that be nice!)

yeah but politicians lie ;)

That's true...
..but at least they are lying about something worthwhile.

The main lot lie about different flavours of interfering with us. At least the Libertarians would leave us alone a lot more even if they broke most of their promises.

Main parties - We'll screw you over for this much and waste your money this way.
They actually screw us over more and waste the money even more blatantly.

Libertarians - We'll stop screwing you over entirely and reduce the ways government CAN waste money.
Then they sill screw us over but nothing like as much and waste far less.

Even if they do lie - at least it's in the right direction.

Maybe they'd give us the guns back and then we could have a revolution after all! That'd solve the chuffin lot.

BigShot":2ixvfycg said:
Maybe they'd give us the guns back and then we could have a revolution after all! That'd solve the chuffin lot.

History suggests the 'solution' may not be ideal. If you really feel that way, stop spouting and move to somewhere like Afghanistan or Iraq, or Somalia, etc, which are probably presently the closest places to the true outcome of pure libertarianism.

Latest posts

Back